Sunday 1 May 2022

Color Hues #40

Good afternoon. A new month, so a new colour combination at Color Hues. When I saw the latest colours I knew what I wanted to make.
Here's what I came up with using the new colour combo.



I used a Lili of the Valley digi for this card, just love their cute images. He's called Patchwork Hot Air Balloon and he's perfect for a baby card or a small person's birthday.
After printing him off, I coloured him with Copic markers and fussy cut him as my printer had done something weird with the printing, leaving a transfer of ink below the basket for some reason. I used shades of tan for the bear and blues for the balloon, along with some white gel pen.
I had some NitWits dotty blue paper which I used as a background for my white panel, from which I cut a couple of clouds. I also cut a small extra cloud from some scrap, along with an oval for my stamped Mama Elephant sentiment.
The base card was made from white linen effect card over which I added some of the dotty DP, leaving a gap at the top and bottom of the base card as my scrap of DP was just a tad too small. My top panel was added on pads, with the two die cut clouds added. The fussy cut bear was added and a couple of thin strips of card coloured with matching Copic marker were added above and below the white panel. Finally my sentiment was slipped under the basket and on a foam pad over the bottom of the card.
So where will our colours take you this time? If you need a little extra inspiration why not check out the rest of the team and our GD Shawna here.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! Your coloring is gorgeous on this sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmystars! This is an absolutely awe-mazing work of art! The bear and balloon are charming! Your colouring, again, blows me away! This card is frame-worthy! Love it!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my stars Julie, this the cutest baby card ever! Love the way you did the clouds with the DSP underneath and your coloring is once again amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so adorable, Jules. Amazing colouring of your bear and balloon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great design Julie, the cut out clouds are a lovely touch behind that adorable bear. We have had some long awaited rain. Our fields are looking dreadful despite Martin having put fertiliser on earlier (and when it was MUCH cheaper too) if the old oak before ash is right we are in for a dry summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable, Julie! Most adorable baby card! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That image is just adorable, and your Copic coloring is fabulous! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)