Saturday 15 May 2021

STAMPlorations Challenges, a Reminder

 Afternoon folks. The merry month of May is almost halfway over already! Still it means that you still have time to join in over at this month's STAMPlorations challenges. Here's a little reminder for the Theme and Photo prompt one.



I took my inspiration from the feather and music score in the photo as well as the theme. I chose the larger of the two peacock feathers from the Feathery stamp set for this design, which sort of dictated the colours too.
On a panel of scrap card, I stamped it repeatedly and embossed with white EP. Then I took the score stamp from the Scribbly Splattery Grunge set and stamped in the gaps with Versamark and heat embossed with gold EP. Not too much gold, just a hint.
When dry, I went in with some Peacock Feathers, and Cracked Pistachio DOx and inked over the embossing. The excess ink was removed from the embossing with a dry cloth before I splattered the panel with water, left for a minute or two then patted with a dry cloth to remove the water and ink, to give a bit of texture.
On another scrap of card, I experimented with some Brusho stamping. I first wet my peacock feather stamp with water, stamped with my MISTI onto white card a couple of times, then sprinkled the panel with Sea Green Brusho, then repeated the stamping with water. The result was a bit too pale, so I went in with a fine brush dipped in water and pulled out some of the Brusho to create a more filled in look. The eye of the feather was coloured in with a dark blue Zig watercolour marker, then cut with the co-ordinating die .
To complete the card, I added two panels of white textured card over the top of the inked one, added the die cut feather and a stamped sentiment from Balloons and Banners stamped in black on a matching strip of card. The finished panel was trimmed to just under A6 size then added on pads to an A6 note card. 
For more inspiration and for all the Ts and Cs, please check the STAMPlorations blog and get crafting!

Joining in over at:-

Anything Goes


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CAS design this these pretty colors and stamps!
    Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful CAS creation, thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this feathery beauty Julie. Think the merry month of May has passed us by!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)