Tuesday 12 January 2021

Playing around with my Gelli plate

Good morning peeps.
How are you? Hope you are keeping your spirits up and making use of your imposed lockdown if that's you. 
Do you need something to keep you busy and your mind of everyday events, or is your craft mojo a no go? Well hopefully the latest challenge at Cardz4Guyz will help. The very appropriate theme of -

LET IT SNOW

With all the extra time at home, I've been playing with my Gelli plate. I saw Jennifer McGuire's video before Christmas and was inspired to have a play as mine had sat in a drawer unloved for over a year! It was quite addictive and I produced lots of background panels, some more effective than others. This card uses one of the not so successful ones that needed a bit of a lift with some over stamping.


The panel was cut using a Avery Elle angled die cut but silly me did it the wrong way so I had to turn the design on it's head, but I think it worked in the end!
The soft background was a second pull from an experiment using die cut masks and a stencil but lacked a bit of oomph. So, I decided to add some text over the top with the same Blueprint Sketch DOx as I used in the print, the stencil pull also involved some Wilted Violet DOx. and is glued flat onto a white linen effect A6 top fold card.
I had plenty of failures when I was playing around so used some of the overlay die cuts as accents and used some of the waste to create my sentiment panel. The greeting is Penny Black, one I've not used before, which I stamped and heat embossed with white EP before mounting on a circle of holographic card and a die cut snowflake. A couple of other stamped ones complete. As its for a bloke, I didn't add any extra embellishments. 
For more masculine card inspiration check out the rest of the team here and then why not join in?

I'm joining in over at:-


ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Advent
 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on our current challenge!! I love the angled background piece! And those snowflake dies are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! What a great way to use a possibly slightly less than perfect gel print (although it still looks quite pretty). Great colours. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! I like the snowflakes and the creative use of the text paper. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)