Sunday 15 March 2020

STAMPlorations Challenges - a reminder

Just popping by to remind you that there is still time to join us over at STAMPlorations for the current challenge.
Here is my card inspired by the photo below.




I've tried this stencil technique before and thought it would work with the above photo. At first I was going to use the lolly theme again but the die cut lolly that matches the Sweet Cravings set is a little too small so I went with a heart and romantic theme suggested by the colours. I love the way the colour changes but the pattern continues over the whole panel.

I took a panel of white card and a similar sized one of masking paper. From the masking paper I cut a heart shape then laid the mask over the card panel. Removing the out mask but leaving the inner heart in place, I then placed the Old Rose Print stencil over the whole creating a hinge with some masking tape and inked through with a light grey ink to match the background of the photo.  Replacing the outer mask, after lifting up the stencil, I removed the central heart and laid the stencil back over. This time I added some red ink in various shades before removing the stencil and inking over the whole with a pale pink ink.
Finally the mask was removed completely and the sentiment s added. The congrats was cut three times and glued together before adding, the sentiment strip stamped in black with part of the Smile set was added with pads. A few sequins complete the design.

For more inspiration and all the Ts and Cs about the challenges check out the blog here.

Joining in over at:-

    

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so soft and sweet. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING! I LOVE how you've double masked to get a stencil within a stencil, Jules. The roses are perfect as the gray background and inside the pink heart. Love this design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! What a great technique Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I love the masking technique you used! The roses are so pretty! Love the pink and red, too! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great masking technique Jules -your roses are so pretty and the overall finish really effective. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Until I read your blog post I actually thought the stencil flowers were clear embossed or something like that, couldn't believe they were light grey, they look so shiny!! Fantastic CAS design and your so good with your masking, its done perfectly. Stay safe and so glad you shared this with us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)