Tuesday 29 August 2017

You are the best friend

Hi and welcome to post to announce the start of a brand new challenge over at ATSM.
This week it is our theme is

MAKE YOUR MARK

Here's is my make, anything goes really so long as you us mark making on it.


An article came up on my FB feed Sunday morning by Yana Smaluka about her perfect card making formula and it inspired me to create this card. 
I used the Altenew Extra Special set which I have tried to use before but ended up not quite liking the end result. This time I used a white embossed outline and Zig brushes to colour. After fussy cutting the spray out I cut a gold frame from mirror card using a couple of dies, just as Yana suggested. I haven't got the fancy ones she used but I quite like the effect this has none the less. For the layout I used the sketch at The Paper Players, stamping a panel with SUs woodgrain and embossing with white EP. The bottom panel was cut from plain white card with a snowdrift die from Lawn Fawn and glued over the woodgrain effect.
The sentiment banner was made by stamping a couple of the word stamps from the same set as the flower and embossing with gold EP. A couple of gold gems and some sequins completed the card.



Why not join us this week?

I'd like to join in over at:-

        

8 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card Jules. I love all the details and texture and it still has a lovely clean feel to it.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! This is a perfect formula, indeed! The red and gold...swoon!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I have to agree with Carol, this is absolutely stunning! Love that gold and those gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm going to have to watch that video for some pointers because this is just gorgeous, Julie. You've included those beautifully colored flowers and many other design elements without making your card look cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! Love the woodgrain, frame, and flowers...I'm off to watch the video :) Thanks for sharing this beauty over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! The gold frame and delicate flowers on white, such beautiful combo, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I don't know what your previous attempt looked like with these stamps, but this one is a knockout! Just gorgeous! All the elements work together beautifully! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great wreath - very cleverly done! I like your spray of coloured flowers. You must be very patient to have fussy cut them! Lots of sweet details make this card wonderful. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)