Tuesday 6 June 2017

Chalkboard thanks

Hi and welcome to a post to announce the start of the latest challenge over at ATSM.
Here is my card for your inspiration


which is my take on this photo.


I saw the blackboard element and thought of an actual blackboard!
I usually make a thank you card for my Grandson to give to his teacher, so I decided to combine the two with this.
On a die cut panel of kraft card I stamped my SU hardwood stamp in Memento Desert Sand, then with a MFT pierced square stacked die cut the main panel away , then moved it down and cut away the bottom rectangle to make my blackboard surround. I repeated this second step with a black base card, using the kraft panel as a template. I then glued the kraft panel onto the black so that the back appeared in the aperture, trimming where necessary. 
Using HLS's Simply Said, I stamped and embossed the greeting with white EP. The banner was made by folding some scraps of DP and using a MFT sentiment banner die to cut them out, the fishtail end of the die was placed away from the fold. These I then glued together over some twine to make the garland and attached it through a punched hole on both sides, knotting to stop it pulling back through. It also stops the card from sliding fully open so it sits up better! I added the 10/10 in a white gel pen then added some chalk dust with a white pastel pencil, rubbing gently to give a smudged look. The apple I drew and fussy cut before colouring with Copics and adding some Glossy Accents.

That's about it from me, please check out the rest of the team here and join us.

I'm joining in over at :-

SHOP OUR STORE

As You Like It Challenge

Your Favourite reason to make/send a card
I usually make thank you cards for my grandson and daughter at this time of year to give to teaching assistants and class teachers. I always appreciated those I used to get at the end of term.

12 comments:

  1. What a perfect card to give a Teacher Jules! You are a very kind Grandma and I bet this will take pride of place on the mantelpiece.
    Hugs
    Carol x
    I'm going to be a Grandma for the first time in November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card Julie and your Grandsons Teacher will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson's teacher will adore this chalkboard card; it's marvelous!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome design Jules. Your grandson's teacher is going to LOVE this card!! So creative and fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Sure Miss C will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is darling sweet, Julie! Adore that chalkboard, so creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yaay the idea of the blackboard is clever Julie
    and I am sorry you re think to no use the same stamp like my card
    you can do the same too next time go ahead sweety
    I know you have clever idea always
    and the bannner on this card oh soo cuuute
    Grandson will love this like I do
    happy weekend tomorrow Julie
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cleverest card, Julie. I love the DP banners.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fantastic card! I am a teacher and would love to get such a sweet card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Love the cute banner at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)