Tuesday 11 October 2016

Another Port Sunlight Bargain Stamp

Welcome to my late night post to announce the start of a new challenge over at ATSM.
This week it is our

PHOTO INSPIRATION

Here is my interpretation


of this inspiration photo.



I'm not big on Halloween and don't give cards so mine is just based on the sunset and silhouetted tree.
I used another bargain stamp from Crafty Individuals that I got the other Saturday.
We get a lot of spectacular sunsets here, I jokingly say it's the Runcorn effect, power station and oil refinery about 30 miles to the NW of here. So I was quite keen to try out a sunset scene.
I started by putting down a pale layer of Carved Pumpkin DI, then masking off the moon with a die cut circle made from a Post It. I then went back in with more of the Carved Pumpkin and some Black Soot at the top of the panel. Removing the mask, I swiped across the sky with the Black soot to suggest clouds against the moon. With a torn piece of Post It, I inked i the hills with Mown Lawn DI, followed by Black Soot. Finally I stamped the tree, complete with birds in Versafine Onyx Black. I popped the finished panel up on foam and stamped the greeting from STAMPlorations in black.
Please check out the rest of the DT for more fabulous inspiration and why not join in.
This week we have two sponsors

QKR Stampede and Eureka Stamps was purchased by Stamp On It in 2013 from the state of Colorado and moved to its new home in Michigan! We(Stamp On It) had its humble beginnings over 25 years ago and is now a mobile(on-the-road) family owned and operated business. We travel coast to coast and attend as a vendor over 25 retail stamping and scrapping shows each year. 
Prize: 3 digital images
 and 

Founded in June 2013, California-based STAMPlorations™ is owned and managed by husband-and-wife team, David & Shery Russ. From just a handful of stamps, we now have 100+ stamp designs, 4 stamp designers, our exclusive line of stencils, and 20 amazing crafters spread across 3 teams who constantly produce gorgeous projects featuring our products. Our clear stamps are perfect for creating CAS, one layer, and mixed media cards, and they can be combined to create a variety of paper crafts. All of our stamps are proudly made in the USA. Our clear stamps are made from the finest, non-yellowing photopolymer resin. Through our stamp line, we hope to encourage crafters of all ages and
experience levels to "Stamp with all your ART!" 
Prize: 2 digital images

So even more reasons to join in.

I'd like to join in over at-

7 comments:

  1. Julie, your card is so stunning! The scene is perfectly inspired by the inspirational pic! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created such a beautiful sunset Julie and your bargain tree stamp looks gorgeous:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not fan of Halloween too and not send the card too
    I think your idea is great to only make a normal card base of the Photo inspiration
    I love that tree on your card
    and the big moon
    perfect one Bird too
    great card
    Love this
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunset and detailed tree are awesome! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous translation of the photo from Halloween to 'nature'! The sunset and tree: gorgeous!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card Jules - who would have thought that three colours could make such a beautiful scene? I love that it is Halloween-inspired but useful for so many more occasions. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, this is just fabulous! I love the sunset you created! The way you used the three colors is perfect! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)