Thursday 8 September 2016

Another HLS retreat make

Evening everyone here in the UK, morning to those in the Antipodes and good afternoon to my American friends. 
Anyway what ever the time it is where you are its time for a new challenge at HLS Anything Goes with a die!
Here is my card for your inspiration


This, as the post title suggests, is one I made at the HLS retreat in July. Kylie had us making panels with Brusho, I'm not sure she realized what she had set loose that day! Anyhow I used two different w/c panels for the inlaid flower and the background was what was left on my mat from a 3rd panel, mopped up with a paper towel. 
TIP - don't throw the clean up towels away they make lovely backgrounds.
To create the panels I sprinkled Brusho onto w/c paper then spritzed it with water and left them to dry. I also used Brusho, spray starch and cling film to make the purple panel. There is a tutorial by Kylie showing how to do this here.
As we didn't have any black card, I improvised by colouring the HAPPY die cut, mount and a fussy cut background to the flower with a black Copic pen. The flower die is from Memory Box (Glorious Gardenia) and was very popular on the retreat. You may have seen it on quite a few blogs over the last few weeks! There was a race on to order it when people got back home and as far as we could find out, we completely cleared the UK stock of that particular die.
I wanted the flower to have an edge of black poking out to allow the pastel flower to jump off the background. The birthday stamp is from the HLS Everyday Sentiments.
OK, that's about it from me but please check out the rest of the team here.



I'd like to join in over at -

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Julie. The backgrounds you have created are fabulous.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Your backgrounds are gorgeous. I love those soft gorgeous blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors in your background and flowers! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you have used!
    Fabulous make for the Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)