Thursday 1 September 2016

Birthday Girl

Morning all. 
Where did August go? It began with my head reeling from my weekend down in Swindon crafting with the lovely ladies at the inaugural HLS retreat, can't wait for the next one, now it's gone. Any road, as it's Thursday it must be time for a new challenge at Cardz4Galz. This week we would like to see your projects on the theme of -

LOVELY LACE

I have a stash of lace bits n bobs but never know what to do with them. I'm really a CAS girl at heart, not overly fussy in my dress or crafting!
So I was a little stumped as to what to do until I was trawling through my stash of peel offs when I came across a sheet of corsets. Yep, don't know when I got those, but it gave me an idea and this is what I came up with.


From the lace box I selected a wide piece to make the skirt to go with the bodice which I stuck to a scrap of white card and fussy cut, adding a little bit of shadow with a couple of Copics.
To ensure the lace panel didn't come undone. I ran a running stitch through the top and gathered it then tied it off. The bodice was glued over the gathered lace and adhered to the base panel with some foam pads. The skirt was then fluffed out and glued sparingly to my Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle from STAMPlorations. The greeting, also from STAMPlorations was stamped on a
die cut banner and glued flat, then the panel was attached to the base card.

So for more lace inspired creations please check out the rest of the team here and why not join in.

I'd like to join in over at -

"Less is More"
Use a sticker, sticky label or peel off


9 comments:

  1. What a super, creative take on our sticky challenge! Such a pretty dress and a very striking, elegant card. Thanks for playing along at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always manage to come up with the goods and this is fantastic!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Julie this is spectacular ... in fact too good for birthdays this is a perfect wedding card too! Bit envious of the bodice peel-off not that I use them much these days ... that's the peel-offs but love this super chic and glamorous design. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant way to add lace to a card Julie and a very different take to the challenge. Love it.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific card...very creative and girly! This would make a perfect wedding card as well! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid and dimensional way to use your peel off

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, Julie. White and silver is always elegant but you've taken this an elegant step further. I used to have some bodice peel-offs but sold them before I used any of them! Dammit! lol
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that beautiful lace dress surely makes a statement! Gorgeous Julie!
    Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)