Saturday 30 July 2016

Put a Smile on Your Face

Good morning all.
Today sees the start of a brand new challenge over at Fantasy Stampers.
This time our theme is -

PEACHES and CREAM

Here is my card.


This is my second card as the first got as far as the final mounting on a base card when the ink on the sentiment smudged! When I looked at the front I couls have cried but then looked again and thought, well is there enough stamping on that anyway! So I went with an earlier idea, using this fab stamp from Indigo Blue, Colour Me - Daisy.

I first stamped the image in Memento Canteloupe onto cream linen card and washed the wet ink with water to blend, then overstamped with Tangelo. When dry I cut it out with a stitched square die and added peach Pearly Doodles to the flower center. On a separate square I inked around the edge with Dried Marigold DI and mounted the flower panel on pads the onto a cream card base. The greeting from STAMPlorations was then stamped in Tangelo.

For more inspiration please check out the rest of the DT for some fab inspiration.

I'd like to join in over at -
We'd love you to display our banner

Recipe  - Use something tactile - the Pearly Doodles


10 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card Julie. The stamp is beautiful.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the peachy colours and fabulous texture on this card, Julie! The close up daisy with pearly centre is really eye catching. Thank you for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this design Jules. Such pretty colours for your flower too. The pearls in the center are the perfect embellishment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully bright and energising! I love the Pearly Doodles in the flower centre, such an eye catching touch. Fab LIM entry, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colours and pearls, so bright and cheerful and sure to bring a smile to one's face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the color really pops on your card. Great design and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The centre of the flower makes me want to reach out and touch it! What a very beautiful image and super-happy colours you used Julie. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am LOVING how you've focused on the close up of the flower to show your texture

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was such fun to meet you at the weekend Julie, I think we all had a great time didn't we! I'm just trying to catch up on comments now!
    This is fabulous... what great texture you have created... it looks really tactile!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)