Friday 15 April 2016

STAMPlorations, a reminder

Good afternoon all.
Just stopping by to remind you all that there is still time to enter the STAMPlorations  April Theme/Sketch Challenge.
Here is my card using just the theme this time.


Don't forget you can use either the sketch or theme or both!

        

For my themed card I went with a very subtle splatter effect around the flowers rather than filling in the background. I just diluted some Salty Ocean DI and after masking off the flowers, I used a paint brush to flick splatters in the area I wanted, all very understated! The flowers from Dee's Blooming Buds set were stamped on some linen textured card in Memento London Fog and then cut a rectangle from the middle using a MFT pierced rectangle die. Keeping the outer to one side and free from ink, I painted in the flowers with a mix of Picked Raspberry Shabby, Shutters and Fossilized Amber DIs. The sentiment is from Dee's Balloons and Banners set, stamped in black.
When the coloured panel was finished I trimmed the main panel and popped it up the central rectangle up on pads.

So that's my project, please check out the main blog for all those Ts and Cs and details of all the other DT projects as well as this month's fab GDs, Ashwini and Mac Mable.

I'd like to join in over at -






14 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful design Julie...should be in a frame really!! Love the splatters and that pink is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this is gorgeous! I love your flowers and the technique is fabulous! I need to give this a try! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players and for the inspiration! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful technique! I love the way it trails off the center panel. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Julia, I love the flower stamp and how you have used it love the splatters too it gives extra texture ..
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia stunning card love the flower simple but elegant. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous colours and fabulous colouring. Such a great design...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card, Julie. I really like the look of the DIs on the linen paper. The colored image over the lined image is always a favorite look. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a very pretty card. I love how you arranged those flowers and only colored your popped up panel. Brave of you to splatter. I always ruin whatever I have done when I try to splatter, so have given it up. Thanks so much for playing along at HLS Case the Designer and for CASEing me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an incredible job with this popular technique. I think the splatters takes it to another level! Really Lovely! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and great take on Joyce's card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Jules! I do love those images ... and they look amazing with this technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love the pretty flowers and all the details. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Great CASEd! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done! What a great image you chose for this technique. I especially love the ink splats for added detail. Thanks so much for joining the HLS April CASE challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)