Saturday 24 May 2014

Inkspirational GD

A very early post as I show you my cards for my GD over at Inkspirational.
I was so suprised when I was asked to be their GD for their latest challenge:-

BLOOM

I wasn't expecting to be contacted so I was really pleased to be able to contribute to their challenge with not one but two cards. I couldn't decide which way to go so made a soft flowery w/c and another in a more graphic style.
                                       



The w/c card was made using my fabulous Glorious Gardenia from Memory Box with a few dew drops and sequins from the stash. The sentiment is from LOTV and stamped in Momento black.

The more graphic card is made using a Stampendous set 'Buzzin Blooms'. I used the 3 tall flowers  from the set as is, but masked off 3 of the smaller blooms on the 5 group before stamping the 2 smaller ones next to the 3 tall ones. Flowers were coloured using Copics. The sentiment was from the same set and I drew the frame freehand using a fine liner. 
Well that's about it, why not pop over to see what the rest of the DT have made to inspire you and join in.

I shall enter them in the following challenges:-
CAS-ology - Flower
ATSM - Anything goes
Love Rubberstamps - Fun with your name
                                  J - Jewels - sequins n dew drops
                                                                U -Underneath ( the flower is underneath the die cut)
                                            L - Lots of water to work the ink pens
    I - Ink pens
                                               E - Embellishments, sequins n dew drops

15 comments:

  1. Julie, we are so pleased you joined us and thise cards are just gorgoeus. The flower on the water colour card had lovely dimension, would love to know if this is embossed and the sequins are placed perfectly. Your second card the design is perfect. I love CAS cards and your design with the border is a real eye catcher x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. Congrats on your guest DT slot - I can certainly see why you were invited. Your cards are lovely and not just these two.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really beautiful and very different cards, Julie. I think you're really skilled with watercolours - what a soft and pretty look; love the splashes and sequins.
    Your second card is bright and cheerful - great sentiment - and some skilled stamping going on there, I'm amazed you hand-drew your frame - it's perfect.
    Thank you so much for being our wonderful Guest Designer at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards, Julie! Hard to say which one I like more, both are so great! Very fun doodled frame in the second... And I love the soft water color look of the first. Thanks for being our GD at Inkspirational! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A duo of delight, Julie! Both your cards are so unique in showcasing how 'bloom' inspired you. Love the doodled frame in the second, and the dreamy water-colour effect in the first. Your talent and creativity here, and throughout your site, makes clear why you were selected as a guest designer. Such impressive creations and designs! Thanks so much for being the GD at Inspirational Challenges!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, these are both just lovely cards, Julie! So glad you were able to be our guest for this challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh, I did not scroll down far enough! These cards are beautiful and so perfect for Bloom! I love the water color look on the first one and the clean look on the second. It is so great to have you designing with us this week!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards Julie. Love the softness of your watercolors ... and a great way to add it to a die-cut. The funky blooms are so sweet and colorful - lots of fun! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful! I really love the splats of color in the first one and your free hand doodle frame in the second one! Looks awesome! You did an amazing job with our name challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Thank you" for caseing my card (or should I say copy?)
    I think it would have been nice if you would have linked to my card! http://annikarten.blogspot.de/2014/05/keep-it-simple-39-watercolor.html
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you think that. Having looked at your beautiful card I am puzzled, although it is the same die you have dealt with it in a different way. It is a beautiful die and there are other ways to use it and I am still experimenting. Have you seen the video done by Therese Calvird?http://lostinpaper.wordpress.com/2014/05/16/watercolour-sympathy-for-scrapbook-boutique-video/

      Delete
  11. Great cards. Love the watercolour look of your first card and the cluster of blooms plus the doodled border of your second one. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so beautiful, love the colors and the fabulous deisgn. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both of your cards. Each is beautiful. I love how you have had fun with your name. Absolutely fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful flowers! Love these soft looking cards! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)