Wednesday 15 April 2015

Splatter

Evening folks.
An extra post this week 'cos I've not gone to my craft class with Di as we are still at home, hubster has a bad back so didn't want to drive over. :(
Anyway I had a little crafty time after my Daughter and Grandson went home after a lovely visit earlier today. I think they took the sunny weather back with them as it is now rather dull and a little chilly. Log burner and a bit of telly later I think!

Anyhow here is the card I made after they left.


I made it with a couple of challenges in mind. 
I'd thought about the card I would do for Less is More's challenge this week but wasn't sure about the colours I was going to use until I saw the photo over at Card Concept. I'm not sure which of their categories it fits into, I always struggle to say. Anyway it's CAS and it's a one layer card. I was influenced by the chevrons and the bright pink splashes of colour as well as the black and grey upholstery.
I stamped a butterfly in black then masked and inked some splatters in Picked Raspberry DI through a Tim Holtz stencil. I then wanted to suggest the chevrons so I made a stencil using diecuts and added some Fun Flock and Weathered Wood DI. 

OK, I suppose I better go and see what the dog is barking at!
Thanks for stopping by,
Joining in at -

One Layer week - Splatters






19 comments:

  1. I hope the dog hadn't wrecked anything...and your card is fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Jules. The butterfly is beautiful and the colours really appeal to me. Great splatter too!! Hope his back is feeling easier soon. Martin came in limping at lunchtime with heel spur...he's a terrible patient so I shall make myself scarce tomorrow!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butterfly looks beautiful on the splatted background , great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! The splashes of color against the black/white/gray is perfect. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great take on all three challenges, Jules! Love those crisp pinks against the grey chevrons - a very pleasing card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A totally gorgeous and elegant splattered card Julie.
    Love all the detail and striking butterfly image.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the splatters and they just make your butterfly pop off the card! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card - great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I came over from C4G to comment on your jungle card but this caught my eye and distracted me - it is stunning! Really love it!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic, Jules! You have managed to capture amazing depth and interest for a one-layer card!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, Julie, love your design and the pink/ gray combination! thanks for joining us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the splatter and butterfly Julie! Can you contact me about your recent win at Tag You're it, I cannot find a contact you link. :) jtmcneely@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely vibrant splatter card Julie!
    Thank you for joining us at LIM
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the grunge look paired with the pretty butterfly! Terrific card. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Love the soft chevrons in the BG

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulously Clean & Simple and/or Clean & Graphic (sometimes it's just too close to call). I love how you introduced the chevron aspect into your card - subtle but very effective! Awesome card. Thanks for choosing to share it with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hm, I'd almost call it Freestyle Collage, just done with all stamping. Whatever, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)