Friday 3 February 2017

February STAMPlorations theme/sketch

Good afternoon peeps and welcome to a post to announce the start of a brand new theme/sketch challenge over at STAMPlorations.
Here is my card based on the theme and sketch. Can you guess the theme?




Unfortunately I'm old enough to have lived through most of what is termed the retro period but I think my card really echoes the late 60's early 70's period.
We moved house in early '71, so my bedroom was papered in the most up to date pattern when it was done in mid 1971, lime green, acid yellow and tangerine swirls! I can still see it now in my mind, good job it was only one wall! But that was the look, psychedelic man, bright orange curtains and white walls completed the look. 
So for my homage to that period I drew a pattern of circles and lines using a black fine liner and the ARTplorations stencil Retro Circles on a die cut panel. Once I was satisfied that I had enough coverage I went ahead and stamped circles of yellow, tangerine, lime and hot pink from the Retro Mod Shapes and Balloons and Banners sets. When dry I cut the 'smile' using the CUTplorations die and put it to one side, keeping all the bits. I had previously used the same die to cut one in black funky foam and after gluing the patterned paper down onto the base card, I glued the foam smile into the space left and placed the pattered smile on top. Using my Misti I stamped the remainder of the sentiment from the Sentiment Builders Celebrate set in black.
That's about it really.
Please check out the rest of the team, including our guest designers here, where you will also find all the Ts and Cs.

Don't forget to use my discount code when you order  from the STAMPlorations shop.

I'd like to join in over at-

     

9 comments:

  1. Hi Julie this is a stunning card. Yes I remember the 60's and 70's very well. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing card Julie, love the acid colours. Mum and Dad had wallpaper,very similar in style to this, in the kitchen, brown and orange spots it was!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great retro look and love the hidden sentiment. Thanks for joining AAA

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a bright and happy card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love how you have done it. looks brilliant as does the inset die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors here- Amazing card Jules! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, Would you mind terrible if I CASED your card? I LOVE IT!!!! I have a challenge coming up with one of my teams and the theme would match this perfectly! Amazing job!!!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday! We hope you will be back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I too lived through the 'retro-psychedelic' times as well, although our decor was nowhere near as pretty as your card is! LOVE this! And yes...smiling! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Julie! I would have loved your wallpaper!! Orange was, and still is, a favorite color - combine it with these pinks, limes, and yellows, and MAN that is COOL!!! LOve your psychedelic vibe...
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)