Wednesday 15 February 2017

CAS Mix up, Guest Designer

Good evening everyone.
This is a scheduled post 'cos I'm out having fun with like minded ladies at my craft class.
Love to get together for a bit of light hearted banter and an hour or so of crafty delight!
A fortnight ago I was in the same position and today sees me back with a reminder for you for the CAS Mix Up Challenge that I'm GDing on this month. Thanks for asking Bonnie, Loll and the rest of the girls.
 Anyway here is my card to remind you that you have just over a week to get your corrugated card projects linked up


This time I took the colours from this month's challenge at Altenew, using their gorgeous 'Remember This' set. I stamped a large bloom, a couple of buds and some leaf outlines and embossed with white EP. I then coloured them with my Zigs and fussy cut them out.
I took some cardboard from a packing box and ripped a corner off, also removing most of the top layer of paper to reveal the corrugations. Last time I left the corrugated card it's usual brown colour but this time I painted it with white acrylic and when dry added some platinum Inka Gold wax with my finger. On a die cut white card panel I glued the painted card in the bottom left corner, then grouped the fussy cut flowers and stuck them down. From a scrap of matching card I cut the always (STAMPlorqations) and also one from some funky foam, although I cut away the a so it would lie flat over the c. card.
Using my Misti, I positioned the always where I wanted it to be and placed the & Forever stamps (STAMPlorations). Removing the always, I stamped and embossed the words in silver before placing the always back and gluing it in place.
The finished panel was then attached to my base card.


My choice was Inka Gold Wax, Heat Embossing, Watercolour and die cut

Please check out the wonderful artwork from the CAS Mix Up team here and join in.

I'd like to join in over at -



Grab our logo

Hearts and/ Flowers

16 comments:

  1. Your flowers and leaves are so bright and beautifully watercoloured Jules. Great job fussy-cutting! Love the corrugated card corner ... painting it white and adding the inka gold gives it an elegant look. Fantastic design for your sentiment. Thanks again for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Mix Up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible Julie, the design is gorgeous but it's the colours and the texture that really do it for me!! Hope you have had a fun evening of crafty fun!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design I love the dimension and use of cardboard.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie this is a stunning card the flower is beautiful. Enjoy your evening. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you cut a piece of the corrugated at an angle and placed it behind your beautifully colored bloom! the layered sentiment looks lovely with the 2nd bit in silver! Thank you Jules for joining us again as a guest DT this month at CAS Mix Up challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you painted your corrugated corner with white acrylic paint. A beautiful and textured back drop for your gorgeous fussy cut flowers. TFS Julie and so pleased you could be our GD this month. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  7. So attractive and the prettiest of card. Do so love how you've painted the corrugated card and added the inca wax, so very effective x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules, this is a beautiful floral arrangement! Love the colors and how they look against the white corrugated cardboard! Thanks so much for joining our team this month at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you've used the cardboard here, perfect backdrop for those gorgeous flowers, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous! Love how you altered and used the corrugated cardboard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really glorious floral creation, my thanks for joining our Hearts and Flowers theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your lovely card at Allsorts 'HEARTS AND/ OR FLOWERS' challenge, good luck in the draw. ♥
    [aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for entering our theme this week at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Julie, I'm also a big fan of Zigs, you did a terrific job on that blossom against that shimmery white corrugated back drop. Love it!
    Thanks for being part of the team xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way you treated the corrugated cardboard with the white paint and inka gold - it makes a perfect background for the gorgeous spray of flowers and leaves. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - so amazing! Love the corrugated background - it provides a striking contrast to that elegant rose!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)