Friday 21 October 2016

STAMPlorations, a reminder

Hi and welcome to a post to remind you that there is still time for you to enter the sketch/theme challenge over at STAMPlorations.
This time I went with the theme for my inspiration card. 



If you don't fancy the theme you could go with the sketch or go wild and give both a whirl!

I was struggling to come up with an idea for this post until I remembered a card that used a panel with lots of white embossed roses on it. So I thought I would have a play with my rose stamp from the Boxed Blooms set. I didn't want the square of the stamp on the finished panel, so I wiped off the Versamark before stamping and embossing with white EP, repeating until I had covered the card panel. I usually keep well within the lines when colouring but as the theme is SPONGING, I used a very loose technique, one I'd not used before to ink the roses, first in Spun Sugar DI followed by Picked Raspberry then in between with Mown Lawn. When finished I die cut a panel using the middle die of my Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Die Set. The sentiment is from the Sentiment Builders -Celebrate set and the large black Smile is the Cutplorations  Smile die.

That's about it from me. Please check out the rest of the DT along with our GDT over at the STAMPlorations site, where you will also find all the relevant Ts and Cs.

I'd like to join in over at-


Grab Our Badge!

I was influenced by Ardyth's flowers and bold black sentiment, as well as indulging in a new technique and getting messy!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful rose card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges this week.
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful use of this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations! So glad you shared with us!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dreamy quality of this - such pretty colours! Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a real dreamy and still so fresh-looking card; great case! Thank you for taking some TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very pretty. I love how delicate your white embossed flowers are, and the sponged color gives your card such an artistic feel. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jules
    you always amazed me
    this card is stunning
    love your sponging
    I did too joined this challenge and use the sketch
    its the shoe card...hope you like to see it..
    biig hugs
    just walk around your funtastic Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)