Friday 5 August 2016

STAMPlorations August Challenge

Afternoon peeps and welcome to a post to announcethe start of a new monthly challenge over at STAMPlorations.
Here is a little inspiration to get you wondering what the theme and sketch will be!


This month these are our sketch and theme.

           

My card is based on the sketch but also matches the theme as well in a small way as I used a fine line marker to outline the single rose from ARTplorations Old Rose Prints.
I started with a piece of watercolour paper and inked through my  ARTplorations Dots all Over stencil with Versamark, then embossed with white WOW EP. Still in inky mode, t.in the petals.When dry I applied a fussy cut rose mask and added a circle mask made by cutting a circle from a Post It. I then added some white ink to the space from a pigment pad, then outlined the rose with my fine line marker.
The sentiment happy from Sentiment Builders Happy was stamped and embossed in black and the birthday from the Celebrate set in just plain black ink. An embossed line around the edge of the panel and a few sparkly bits were added to complete.

OK, please check out our fab GDs Kathy Schweinfurth and CGthe rest of the DT for more inspiration and all Ts and Cs here.

I'd like to join in over at -
OLS
August Art

Take It, Make It Challenge

Stencils and Masks

11 comments:

  1. The rose looks gorgeous against the textured bg! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this artsy card, Julie!! It's certainly a showstopper with that dramatic spray of media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jules. Love the beautiful rose ... the outlining is so cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful, soft, artistic card! Thanks so much for sharing it with One-Layer Simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jules, this is beautiful! Love your rose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome - wanted to leave a comment on your HLS card, but this is equally worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Julie, for a moment I thought the rose was dimensional...great shading!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous .... I love the rose and the outlining really makes it stand out. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, love that background, Julie! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous entry for the TIMI challenge !
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)