Saturday 30 January 2016

Adore You

Good morning again.
This time I'm posting to share a DT card for our new challenge over at Fantasy Stampers.
For our next challenge we would like to see your STAMPED projects on the theme of -

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

Hubby and I aren't especially into Valentines and stuff, so I went with this card that was inspired by a few of the not so overtly Valentine themed challenges out there at the mo.


The choice of colours was influenced by the picture montage at Stampin' Royalty,


the cue words at ATCAS and CASology and the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.
I was drawn to the butterfly image and the red and black colourway in the photo, so I used a butterfly from my STAMPlorations Trendy Butterflies set and a selection of red inks.
To begin with I die cut some post its with the letters using a v old Sizzix Sizzlits set 'Endless Love'. I was only talking to some girls at class on Wednesday about these old dies and thought they would be just the right script for this. I then placed the masks and over stamped with the solid butterfly, 1st and 2nd generation. The black pattered one was created by kissing the clean butterfly stamp onto a textured background from STAMPlorations Mixed Media Grunge set inked with black ink.
After removing the masks of the letters I thought it needed a little more umph, so added plain white die cuts over the top. The YOU was stamped on black and embossed with white EP.

OK, that's it from me, please check out the rest of the DT's inspiration and why not join in, just remember to use a rubber stamp as your focal point!

I'd like to join in over at -

Wear Our Badge     

Copy and paste our badge for your blog!

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the collage of images! Wow! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this, Jules - such a clever use of your stamps and love your interpretation of our new theme.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so inventive Julie...This is fab!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've created a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Julie.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cleverly done, Julie, and that 'Adore' die-cut looks magical against that montage of butterflies and texture! thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - love the collage background and large sentiment! Thanks for playing along with the CASology challenge this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!!! Pretty colors and the die cut letters are in such a pretty font!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore is the perfect sentiment for this card - just gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just LOVELY!! i love how you put it all together! GREAT card!
    Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous card! Fantastic background for the white word. I like the combination of the butterflies with the wall pieces! Creative regards from stempelfrida

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)