Saturday 8 October 2016

Altenew Vintage Flowers

Welcome to the weekend!
The autumn chill is finally upon us, log fires the last few nights and I shall be making the bed up with the thicker duvet today. We can't really complain as it is the 2nd week in October!
Anyway down to business.
Over at Fantasy Stampers we have a brand new challenge for you -

BLACK MAGIC

OK, first off I thought of spells and Halloween, but I'm not into that, then I thought of the advert for dark chocolates but when I Googled the term I came across a technique called ' BLACK MAGIC'. 
Basically it is really how to colour on black card with pencils. Here is my card.


For more details on the technique you can click here  or here.
For this card I used one of the Altenew sets I bought at Port Sunlight last week, Vintage Flowers.
Using a white pigment ink I stamped the solid element of the flowers and leaves then went back in with one of the shadow layers in Versamark Onyx Black for the leaves and large blooms so that I could work out where to colour!
After colouring with crayons I added some white dots with a gel pen, white embossed birthday wishes and a die cut sentiment (courtesy of my friend Sarah, Sazzle Dazzle). The black panel was then added to a white base card.
So what will you link up, we'd love to see, so long as there is some old fashioned stamping on it!

I'd like to join in over at -

Wear Our Badge     Followers & Challengers Logo
Anything Goes                                           Feminine

Crafting from the Heart Badge       We would love you to display our banner !
#130                                                       AG    

7 comments:

  1. Great 'black magic' card Julie! love your stamping and pretty flowers, so dramatic on the black. The little white touches finish it off so nicely too.Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent interpretation Julie...it's a real beauty, your colouring is gorgeous. I had to put the heating on last night, the pups just weren't enough to keep me warm!! Grey and dull here today so chilly again xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, beautiful! I've not seen this technique be3fore and it looks stunning. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for sharing at OLLCB
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see you are putting your new stamps to good use Julie and this is just lovely. Thanks for the links to the technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with this technique Jules. I have tried it only once and didn't get the colourful results you did. Probably used the wrong watercolour pencils. This is so pretty and I love the added dots ... makes it even more "magical". :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. how striking and gorgeous on the black...beautifully done.
    Thanks so much for playing along with The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)