Tuesday 12 July 2016

Make Flowers Masculine

Morning all.
Today, being a Tuesday means it's time for a new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz.
This week it's my turn to choose the theme and I went with -

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

That's it, we want to see your Christmas cards, a chance for you to get ahead in your Christmas makes.
I've noticed a few challenges that have had the same idea but the topic has been on the books for a couple of months now!
Anyway, here is my card.


I used a Woodware wreath stamp and a Paper Smooches greeting.
The layout was influenced by this card over at Muse Christmas Visions by Kimberly Weiner.


It did start out as a OLC but I managed to get ink on one corner whilst trimming it to size, :( .
Anyway  I managed to rescue it. I coloured the wreath with Copics and some Paper Effects White Pearl on the tiny white flowers and a pinky red gel pen was used over the really tiny dots. A little bit of blue was coloured  in behind the wreath for shadow and a scrap edged in the same blue Copic pen gave me the frame. Everything is mounted flat to be post friendly, I even used a scrap left over from diecutting a circle so the weight is reduced.
Quite a simple card, except for colouring the foliage!

For more Christmas inspiration, please check out the rest of the DT and our GD Sharon.

I'd like to join in over at -

      


9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful wreath, it´s just beautiful! And a great take on Kimberly´s Muse card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas card Julie. I need to get cracking with my Festive makes too.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Julie, looks so fresh and clean


    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really lovely card Julie. You can't beat the traditional colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous wreath - classic but still modern and clean! So glad you joined us at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you joined us Julie!! The wreath is precious and the sentiment is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful, love the blue edging. As for the layering, I think everyone is thinking of postage this year Lol. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie...such a great card! Never heard of Woodmere stamps...will have to check them out...love the wreath. And I can so relate to your ink mishap...I have such a klutz lately. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that stamp and what you've done with it is gorgeous, just great for a man. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)