Friday 16 March 2018

Uniko challenge

Morning all. I'm here to announce the start of a brand new challenge over at Uniko with this card.


I've used the scattered polka dots stencil and the colours from the challenge, together with the celebrate greeting from the new release Birthday Sentiments.



To start I took a panel of white card and using DIs, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean inked through the stencil, masking as I went with Post Its.
From my stash I selected sequins that were roughly the same colour and scattered them amongst the dots. A small diamante gem makes it extra sparkly, a tip I found on Jennifer McGuire's blog. The celebrate was heat embossed with silver EP to match. The completed panel was then mounted up on pads on a white base card. 
The sequins and gems remind me of sewing sequins onto my daughter's dance costumes many years ago. I found out the hard way that you can't just sew a strip of them onto a Lycra costume or they will ping off or not allow the Lycra to do it's thing. A small bugle bead is the best thing to anchor a sequin on a previously stretched outfit.
Anyway that is way back in the past but the latest challenge is fresh and awaiting your involvement!

For added inspiration check out the rest of the DT and our fab guest for this challenge Michele
Design Team
Julie - that's me
Linda

I'm joining in over at:-

For your blog
Celebration card with sequins

7 comments:

  1. I love sequins! Fabulous cheery card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebration definitely happening alllll over your card with the pretty polka dots and sequins! Such fun!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this card Julie, dots make me happy, for some strange reason, and these are such a fab colour combo too!! Hope the lambs will be snuggling close to their Mums this weekend, we have had wall to wall sunshine today so I can't believe it's going to be sub zero again thus weekend :0(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw your sequin sewing skills were massively appreciated and meant my coatumes fitted me a lot longer than some others! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ! Love all these dots with all these fresh colours ! Such a happy card. And a very beautiful final touch with all the matching sequins ! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, your shower of confetti card is so much fun! I just love and enjoy the positive vibrations its sending out!
    Perfect for any occasion of celebration!

    Happy greetings from Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sequin frenzy but I love it Julie! fantastic showcase of the background stamp in those yummy spring colours then the added glitz, glam and sparkle from the sequins is a winner with me! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)