Monday 15 January 2018

CUTploration, a reminder

Welcome to a post to remind you that there is still time to join us over at STAMPlorations, CUTplorations challenge.
For this reminder card I went with a more graphic take on the inspiration photo.




I have been experimenting with Yupo paper and Copic Various Inks. This was my first foray into alcohol inks ( my second was published yesterday!) but I had to use Copic Various Inks as I don't own anything else. The colours aren't quite as vivid as other reinkers.
Using a small panel of Yupo paper, I added ink from R35, B12, Y21 and a spritz of rubbing alcohol. To get the striped effect, I dragged some kitchen towel across the puddles of ink. You have to be quick as although the paper does not absorb the ink it soon evaporates and dries.

Using the one of the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies, I cut my panel, mounting it on a white base card, then from scraps of card cut four panels using the Stitched Winter Landscape die in white, black and two shades of grey. The die has a cute little house on the skyline but I didn't want that part, so I carefully snipped it off the four landscapes. I used the black one to give a shadow behind the white foreground trees and then arranged the other two behind the white to give a sense of perspective. When I had got a scene I was happy with I trimmed them down to slightly larger than my panel and attached them to the bottom of it. The sentiment is from the Lotus Love set stamped in black.
For more fab inspiration, check out the rest of the team here where you will also find all the Ts and Cs! 
Don't forget you can use my discount code if you want to order anything from the STAMPlorations shop.


Joining in over at:-

                                   Various Ink and Yupo paper

14 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colours Julie, a lerfect wjnter sky!! I am determined to be a bit more adventurous with my crafting this year, I have stuff galore that needs to be used!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie your card is gorgeous it is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and absolutely love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That background is stunning Julie, as is your card. I love those soft colours, perfect take on the inspiration pic, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeutiful card Julie. Awesome background for those die cut trees. Love the grey panels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous creation. And such a cool take on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that tree die and how you’ve stacked them up for a dramatic effect against that gorgeous background. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job incorporating the themes of the challenges! I love the background you created! Thank you for sharing your art with us at Cupcake Inspirations! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely background, Julie. Beautiful design. I love that stitched winter landscape. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Card. Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Julie! I really like the muted colors in your background. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful winter card. Thank you for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges!
    Danijela-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the background you created! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)