Friday 15 December 2017

Joyful Christmas Wishes

Morning all.
Just popping by to share a card I made for the latest challenge at Less is More.
Had a little bit of time yesterday to have a play and decided to make this OL card but the light went before I could take a piccie. Ironic as the theme is candles or something depicting light!


As this is OL week, I started by masking off a square on a white base card before stamping the branches and the lamp. The lamp is a lamp post stamp from Flowersoft about 10 years ago and the branches are basically a twig stamp from an Altenew set with added branches done freehand. I added some masking fluid over the branches and in the sky to create the snow. When fully dry I inked in the sky using Chipped Sapphire and Blueprint Sketch DI. Around the lantern I added some Scattered Straw and Spiced Marmalade. After removing the mask, I stamped the sentiment in black.
Job done.

Most of our snow has melted, even the extra we got on Wednesday night so getting around is a lot more pleasurable, until you hit the shops that is! Here are a couple of photos taken by the OH on Monday as a reminder.

     

Joining in over at-

   For your blog
                                                       Christmas

Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog
CAS

16 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS, Julie

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie this is a stunning card I love it. The snow pictures are gorgeous. I like looking at snow but not being out in it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another smasher Julie!! The snowy sky looks amazing. Pleased to hear that you are no longer stranded!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and fab photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is a stunning scene Julie. Your inking is so subtle and delicate and I love the trick with the masking fluid (must try that out). A beautifully serene and peaceful scene. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I adore this well executed OLC scene Card, Julie! Beautiful ink blending and colour choices. The use of masking fluid is brilliant and super effective. Love this! Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That one looks like another winner to me - such a de-LIGHT-ful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Julie ! Your card is absolutely stunning ! It looks like a painting ! Love the dimension you succeeded to make ! I love it ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely creation you've share with us here Julie. It's really beautiful, perfect for Christmas and our theme this month of CAS. I enjoyed reading how you got there too and you certainly got a "dumping" like we did here near Peterborough! I wish you a Merry Christmas and look forward to more of your work coming our way through 2018, Leanne DT, Penny Black and More Challenges xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of thought went into the execution of this, Julie, and I love it. You've captured the lovely winter atmosphere perfectly.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect creation for our CAS theme at Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    Wishing you and yours a Happy Christmas and looking forward to seeing more of your creativity in 2018.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Amazing card Jules. I could look at that card all day long! You are so inspiring. I received your beautiful poinsettia card in the mail the other day. It's gorgeous and thank you so much. Merry Christmas to you!! And all the best for a happy 2018! Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Julie, your colouring and shading is perfect, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous card! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card, love it.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More CAS challenge and good luck, hope you join in with our new challenge starting sunday x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)