Monday 6 November 2017

Feathers

Hi and welcome to post to announce the start of a brand new challenge at CUTplorations.
Here is my inspiration card.


My card was based on this month's image below.



My starting point was the shape of the shortbread biscuit along with the colours, but it's all down to you as to what influences your project.
To start I took a panel of white card and got messy with my DOs, DIs and water spray bottle, building up the depth of colour with lots of texture just like the velvet ribbon in the picture.
The biccy reminded me of the new feathers dies, so after the inked panel was dry, I cut a banner and using one of the larger feathers die cut a previously white heat embossed matching feather stamp. On a separate piece of scrap white card, I stamped and embossed with yellow EP the small feather then die cut it with the matching die, adding a little scattered straw DI over the feather. The final feather was cut from vellum after heat embossing the stamped feather. I wrapped some jute twine around the banner and attached the group of die cuts with some more twine and a red button from the stash for a pop of colour. A stamped and heat embossed sentiment from Balloons and Banners completed the purple element of the design.
On a white, A6 top folding base card, I stamped some of the feathers from the set in Memento London Fog, then attached the finished banner.
For more CUTplorations inspiration, check out the blog post here, where you will also find all the Ts and Cs along with details of prizes to be won.

I'd like to join in over at:-

Take It, Make It Challenge
Anything Goes







6 comments:

  1. Love how you went with feathers for your card design, Julie. Based on the 'biccy'. (I learn so much about what I don't know about British English from you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation Julie. The colours look great together. Ooh, I fancy a piece of Shortbread now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shortbread...yummmm! Your card is absolutely gorgeous with the pretty feathers, the rich purple and the patterned background. Inspired and inspiring!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the design. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have captured all the elements in that Inspiration photo Julie. Love the feathers and colours. Seems we have been thinking the same once more here. Lovely background which highlights the focal point. Nice touch with the twine and red button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Julie, the colour combo looks so pretty. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)