Tuesday 24 October 2017

Poppies?

Morning all. After a very busy weekend of babysitting one Grandchild and travelling north to see our brand new baby Grandson and have some Nannee cuddles, it's back to the old routine. 

With all the anticipation and excitement, October has whizzed by and November isn't far behind! 
The trees will soon be bare except some of the trees around the local war memorial which are bedecked with knitted poppies! It also reminds of that shortly it will be Remembrance Sunday and the poppies for sale that appear in the run up. So over at Cardz4Guyz our theme this time is-

REMEMBRANCE / SYMPATHY

Here is my card for your inspiration.


I love poppies and am always grabbing handfuls of their fine seed to spread them around the tracks and field edges to spread their dancing red flowers. Did you know that they are flowers of disturbed and waste ground, hence they were chosen as the symbol of Remembrance after WW1, springing up in the fields after the awful carnage? Anyway I have a couple of stamps plus some my friend DI lent me but for this I fancied doing a softer faux watercolour technique. I chose a couple of the solid stamps from Altenew's Whimsical Flowers, which I picked up at Port Sunlight a couple of weeks ago, they look quite poppy like I think. 
To start I spritzed ares of my card panel with water then inked up the stamps with Memento ink and stamped. The water allowed the ink to feather at the edges. However by the time the third one was stamped the water had dried up too much so it wasn't as effective. The outline stamps from the set were partially inked with a black w/c marker and over stamped and the centers of each flower with a center stamp and head embossed with black EP. I sketched in the stems and then added a bud and leaf freehand adding some water then w/c. My sentiment is from STAMPlorations.
The finished panel was then trimmed down and popped over a strip of paper from the bits box and the base card with pads.
Please check out the rest of the team here and join us for the next two weeks.


Joining in over at:-

For your blog
Make a card with flowers on it

Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog
Close to nature

7 comments:

  1. Hi Julie this is a stunning card those poppies are so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Julie, I too am a great fan of poppies, their own particular red is like one other xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely poppy card here Julie and so fitting for Remembrance Sunday. I love the vibrancy of the red poppies on that clean, white background. Thank you for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More challenges, Leanne DT xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful Poppy creation and such a nice clean design, I am something of a 'Poppyaholoic' and probably have more Poppy stamps than is healthy, but they are such beautiful flowers.

    Your card is perfect for our Close to Nature theme at Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, a pretty poppy stamp.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Close to nature' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great card love those poppies. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)