Tuesday 23 May 2017

Urban Graffiti

Morning all.
Just popping by to let you know that there is a brand new challenge starting over at Cardz4Guyz.
We are running our challenges on a two weekly basis over the summer so hope you've been waiting for a new one to start. Our new theme is -

FAVOURITE COLOUR COMBO

Now I don't really have a go to combo for my masculine cards, I tend to take inspiration from around the challenge blog community, but when I saw that the latest colour challenge at JUGS was navy, turquoise and lime green I was away. I love this cool, crisp combo and together with the urban theme at Inkspirational, I came up with this card.
  

When I saw the theme at Ink, I immediately thought of graffiti and then skyscrapers, but I just kept with just the graffiti element for this. There are lots of graffiti style cards around on Pinterest such as here, I even made this one awhile back using the same stamp set from Woodware. This time I used my Tim Holtz Sizzix wall EF instead of the stencil to create the background.
After stamping and colouring with Copics, I doodled some of my own graffiti with a white gel pen and a black outliner, then added a sentiment and some splodges of ink and some arrows before wiping the front of my EF with Hickory Smoke DI and running it through the BigShot. Carefully removing the panel I trimmed the embossed panel and mounted it onto navy card before mounting on a plain white base card.
For more inspiration check out the rest of the DT here and why not share your favourite colour combo with us this fortnight.
I'd like to join in over at:-

   

10 comments:

  1. What a great card Julie, would make a fab card for some of my great grandsons, may have to case this if thats ok?
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What funky, cool and fantastic graffiti art Julie. A brilliant combination of style, colour and design all working spectacularly together. Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cool card. I love the graffiti look with the brick textured background! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Very cool and funky, know a few boys that would love this card. Thanks for linking up with the Uniko Masculine Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your interpretation of the Urban theme. The graffiti looks great, as does the brick background. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a brilliant idea for a card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea going for graffiti for a masculine card - or a teenager's! Fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous interpretation of the trio of challenges you've entered - and especially the *urban* theme over at INK! Graffiti grand in every way! So thrilled you shared your creativity in the INK gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant take on the challenge - love the graffiti look. Sorry to be so late commenting (Internet issues), thanks for playing along with our masculine challenge at Uniko. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun, cool, young masculine card. Loving the colour combo too. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)