Tuesday 18 April 2017

Sailing Boat

Good morning fellow crafters.
Hope you all had a great Easter break.
We had a mixed weekend, it started very badly with a phone call from the farm to say a neighbour had spotted two dogs running around a field with lambs in. Al went off in hot pursuit only to be shocked by what he saw. Sadly of the 12 lambs attacked 11 didn't make it, the vet only able to save 1. According to the police the owner of the dogs, found through the micro chip on one was very sorry but it couldn't possibly have been her's!! Well we know one was as that was how the police found her! Apparently two 'escaped' but only one returned and judging by the carnage it must have had a thorough bath for her not to have noticed!
19/4 Update I heard late yesterday that the dogs in question had been involved in another incident of sheep worrying on the other side of town earlier this year, funny that the owner is STILL in denial. So much for her wanting to "put it all right"! I couldn't live with myself if  my dog was the cause of so much suffering. What a pity the time has passed for the police to get involved, she needs prosecuting!

Anyway onto happier things.
I need a bit of a calming session after all that, so took to my craftroom and got my Copics out for a bit of colouring. As I needed a card for this week's challenge at Cardz4Guyz I used this week's theme of

SHADES of BROWN

I had one or two ideas but decided to use some kraft card and Rich Cocoa Memento ink to stamp this.


He's one of my favourites from LOTV -Sailing Boat. I used a selection of brown Copics to colour as well as a white pencil crayon. The finished panel was mounted on dark brown and then linen cream base. 
For more inspiration check out the rest of the team here.


I'd like to join in over at:-




Stamping Sensations
Anything Goes

addicted-to-stamps-challenge
Not a Square

12 comments:

  1. Julie this is beautifully designed.
    This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie this is a stunning card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, how awful for you, poor little things and what a totally irresponsible dog owner! Not surprised you needed a bit of calming colouring afterwards, fab card to.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I'm feeling inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely card and great coloring! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps Challenge!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweet image looks lovely on the craft card and coloured beautifully, thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to read this post Julie, such a devastating thing to have happened and so many too. It makes my blood boil how dog owners can be so irresponsible and then claim that it wasn't their dog. I hope that they have been dealt with in the correct manner. I wish you better days. Anyway, your card is gorgeous, such a sweet little guy and the colouring on kraft looks fab. I have used pencils on kraft but never alcohol markers, must find time to have a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came by to see this adorable card and read your story. First off, the card is wonderful; it's so beautifully done on the kraft!! As for your sheep, I'm so sorry for your loss. We have miniature horses who were chased and harassed by a neighbor's dog. Very scary to watch, but mini's ~ being who they are ~ finally got fed up and took care of the dog! So sad for your lambs who could not defend themselves. Also, heart breaking for you who waited for those little sweeties only to have that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome coloring - love the tone-on-tone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card I absolutely LOVE it. Thank you for entering our challenge. Greetings, Veerle DT-ATSC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, what a fantastic look. Cute creation! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to stamps. Alma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)