Good afternoon folks.
Spring is definitely in the air around here. There have even been a few brave butterflies floating around!
Over at STAMPlorations we are having a little spring and things with wings celebratory blog hop and linky party with that in mind.
Here is my card to inspire you to join us.
For my inspiration I used a couple of the butterfly stamp sets, Trendy Butterflies and the brand new Trendy Butterflies 2. My colour choice was based on my favourite colours, they are everywhere in my house, snug, kitchen, lounge and even bedroom, they are pretty spring like too.
To begin with I took the largest from the Trendy Butterflies 2 and stamped it on some masking paper, then fussy cut it and placed it at a jaunty angle on a panel of white card.
I then selected the inks I wanted to use from my stash of Memento ones, including, Pear Tart, Elderberry, Rose Bud, Lilac Posies and Angel Pink. Then, using one of the small butterflies from the Trendy Butterflies set, I went stamp happy! Once I was satisfied with the look, I removed the mask and stamped a sentiment from Trendy Butterflies 2 in Elderberry and embossed it in clear EP. I then cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die and mounted it on a base card.
I have to admit that this was my second attempt at the panel, I cut my other too short but more of that on Friday!
So here are all the relevant details -
Comment on this and all the of the other DT posts before April 30, 11:55 p.m. Pacific
You have also until then to link up your project/s.
Winners will be announced on May 10 in the April Challenges & Hops winners post
- (3) randomly drawn winners from all comments left on the STAMP blog and participating designers blog will each receive a $10 gift certificate to the store
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive Trendy Butterflies 2 + either Flutter Zen 1 or Flutter Zen 2 layering dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive Sweet Spring Wishes stamp set + Dragonfly layering dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive the Trendy Spring Blooms dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive the Sweet Spring Wishes phrase dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive a $20 gift certificate to the store.
The saga of the track appears to be hopefully coming to a conclusion. Whilst hanging the washing out just before lunch, I noticed a load of one ton bags and other stuff stacked in the layby below the broken drain. When I went to take the dog out about an hour ago I noticed a digger, drainage pipe and Teram style fabric but no workers alas. On the way home I glanced down towards the contactors compound and the gates were closed so it looked as if they have finished early, this was reinforced by the fact that the site manager was making his way gingerly up the drive, as I crossed the field alongside the drive. Hopefully they will be back tomorrow to finish the job but I hope they don't block the drive completely as I need to get out to do the shopping tomorrow and they never think to let us know what is happening. They have left their digger on our land by the entrance to the drive field overnight, again no requests just assumptions on their part! So I will report back with any further news later in the week.
I'd like to join in over at:-