Wednesday 1 February 2017

CASing my card

Evening peeps.
Not my usual time for posting as I'm currently at my craft class having a fab time with some lovely ladies but it is a special occasion. Some of my regular readers may remember I won the December challenge over at CAS Mix Up with this card. As a result Bonnie and Loll asked if I would be their guest for the February challenge. Here is my card


using this months theme


For my card I decided to CASe a card I made almost a year ago, here.
I cut a frame from a piece of corrugated cardboard, then stripped the front paper covering off to reveal the corrugations. To add a touch of glitz, I added some Inka Gold wax (my choice) in gold to the edges and lightly rubbed some over the ripples with my finger.
The flowers are my favourite Painted Flowers by Altenew, just love the arty feel of these blooms, which I recycled from a project that never saw the light of day because I splodged some paint on part of the panel and couldn't rescue it!
I stamped and embossed the outlines before embossing in glittery black EP (my choice), this allowed me to watercolour (my choice) the blooms with some DI in Picked Raspberry and Peeled Paint. The darker shading was added once the first wash was touch dry. You could of course use the other stamps in the set to stamp the petals and shading.
Before adding flowers and frame to the base, I diluted some more of the Inka Gold with water and splattered it across the bottom right of the base card and finished off with a gold embossed sentiment on a banner.

That's about it from me, but please check out the rest of the team for some fabulous inspiration.



I'm joining in over at

Favourite Flowers



16 comments:

  1. Hi Julie this is a stunning card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Julie, such pretty flowers and the colours are gorgeous. Your splattering is so impressive, I have tried and end up with a splodge!! Great you see you at AYLI againxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design Jules. LOVE the corrugated frame with the spray of roses in the corner ... really beautiful. And then to add all that shine and shimmer from the inka gold and gold embossing. GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, thanks so very much for being the Guest Designer for CAS Mix Up. Since it's the first challenge I've ever hosted (thanks to Loll and Bonnie for inviting me to do it), I'm thrilled to have you come up with such a beautiful card. I love the way you made the corrugated frame and rubbed it with the Inka Gold, and then echoed that with the splatters and the gold sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and a great way to use corrugated cardboard! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the touches of gold on frame, sentiment and splatter Jules - a lovely challenge project - thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer this month at CAS Mix Up! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely design, that gold adds just the right punch to the corrugated frame! Your flowers are gorgeous too, good thing you recycled, smart lady. Thank you so much for being our Special Guest at CAS Mix Up! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. The corrugated card frame adds teh perfect texture to your very pretty card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie...I LOVE your corrugated frame with your pretty Inka Gold coating. Such a beautiful way to frame your gorgeous flowers. TFS and Congratulations on being this months CAS Mix UP Guest Designer. Hugs, Nancy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you've added some Inka Gold to the cardboard, Julie! And those flowers are gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining our team at CAS Mix Up this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the gold on the corrugated frame, the splatters, the embossing and the wonderful contrast of the elegance and messy!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, I love the gold corrugated frame and the background splatter.Cx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, Julie. Beautiful CAS MM design. I love the gold frame. Thanks for playing along at HLS WC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card! I love those flowers and that wonderful corrugated frame.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)