Tuesday 21 February 2017

Big Hugs for you

Morning all.
I managed a trip to the garden center in the warm springlike temperatures yesterday but didn't hang around as it was half term and busy with Nannies and Grandpas entertaining grandchildren! There was also a couple of coach loads of OAPs on some sort of tour. There I go, OAPs indeed, that's me according to the Teachers Pension people who have recently contacted me to inform me that I am entitled to a pension, pittance though it may be! Appears that teacher's can claim as before and not follow the rules for the new state pension!
However, they don't make life easy to claim it as the web site is a nightmare. Even my computer savvy daughter agreed it was poor. I was talking to a very nice young man who was talking me through it but we got cut off and well then I was left to my own devices. 

Onto cheerier topics, our first lambs arrived earlier than expected. The flock was due to be taken to the lambing sheds last week but there was no transport available until today. Yesterday morning I saw a ewe who looked to be in labour up against the fence as I walked the dog. I let my hubby know and off he went to investigate only to find a pair of very wee lambs gamboling in the field. The ewe I had seen was not the mother! Anyway all is well with those two. let's hope no more arrive before they are taken home!

Over at Cardz4Guyz it's time for a new challenge. This week it is -

UNDER WATER

I wasn't sure I had anything in my stash to go with this topic but after flicking through some images from a mag I came across this image of a cat in a rather deep puddle!


He is rather more under than above the water in this picture!
After printing out the image I coloured him with Copics and fussy cut him before gluing him over an aperture in a piece of linen card. The background is a circle of card inked up with DI and splattered with water fo create the texture. Gluing the circle to my base card I popped the sinking puddy tat top panel up on pads. The sentiment is from STAMPlorations and I thought went rather well with the image.
For more inspiration please check out the rest of the team here and why not join in?

I'm joining in over at -

     For your blog

PS   On the matter of the track, we don't appear to have made any progress despite our meeting with the contractor's representatives. Basically we were told that an agreement had been reached with the landowner and sucks boo to us. Our access is owned by the neighbouring farm and we only have right of way. We do have to maintain it, requiring agreement between the 4 parties or to appoint an experienced surveyor to arbitrate in the event of a disagreement. Not wishing to go down the legal route, we thought we could discuss the problems reasonably but 7 days later the drain has been fractured further up the track and is again running down the new surface, clarting every thing in mud!
Yesterday afternoon an empty wagon got stuck returning up the drive, resulting in even more hardcore being added but no attempt to cure the real problem.
Having pointed out to the contractor the basic problem, offered a solution and pointed out the fact that they are no longer keeping to the original track but have encroached onto our land, cutting away the verge, and as a result damaging the drain, they don't seem to want to do anything about it.  We shall wait to see what happens next.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Julie this is a gorgeous card I love the image you have used. It really is the start of Spring when the lambs start to appear. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cute card Julie, love that image. I can't wait to see some lambs, we have sheep in the field just over our garden hedge but they take them away to lamb and we don't usually get them back for a few weeks. How unpleasant for you with all the aggravation over the drive, hope you can resolve it.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. Bugger about the track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card Julie, the image was a lucky find for sure. We spotted some lambs on our walk today, quite big they were too. Bowie sat himself down at the gate and was quite intrigued!! Sorry to hear the track is still causing mischief xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your different take on the underwater theme. This is a brilliant card. I love that image and your colouring is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)