Thursday 6 October 2016

Less is More meets Muse

My bloggy friend Anita, who I was fortunate to meet in person this summer, is this week's MUSE. She's also on the DT over at Less is More, so when I saw her card for MUSE, I thought I would also use the colour theme from LIM.
Here is my take on Anita's card.



Here is her fab inspiration.


For my interpretation, I used her idea of a stripped DP in the background as well as the die cut elements. I'm a little short on the leaf die cuts and had nothing like the fab one she used, so I used an evergreen bough instead and flipped the layout. I kept the vellum and pearl card die cut elements too for mine. Of course as the colours for LIM are Turquoise and Lilac I used a piece of stripped paper from NitWits. The sentiment was stamped and embossed in lilac and I added a piece of linen thread coloured with a Copic marker to one end of the banner. I used linen effect card stock for the top panel and base as it gave a subtle texture which with so much space was I thought necessary. 

I'd like to join in over at -

"Less is More"

and because I used the sentiment from their Doodled Flowers set

13 comments:

  1. Fab CASE of Anita's card, Jules - I love the linen effect card stock which adds some great texture, and the Copic-coloured twine was a brilliant idea. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant card! Nice color palette ;-)
    What a nice idea to turn the layout upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a perfect CAS design! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules your card is sweet. Very gentle and pretty colors. How fun to meet a "fellow" carder in person, I've made some lovely friends over the years too, through my creating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab CAS design Jules and a great take on Anita's gorgeous card:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is a great take on Anita's muse card and it looks great in our colours this week!
    Yet another triumph Julie!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that die cut and the soft pretty colours! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great design, I may borrow this, I have an unused feather die that has been staring at me for at least two years!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh! Love how you've tipped Anita's Muse card on it's head here Julie and combined it with our colour combo for this week. CAS-tastic, crisp, elegant and gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More and great to catch up with you again last weekend. Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...and I was super fortunate to meet you too, Julie! And wow, I love your take on my card. Changing the orientation was a great idea and I love that evergreen die cut, I think we are always going to have die envy aren't we! Great little touch of turquoise too to tie in with the colour challenge.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Muse and Less is More, Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful interpretation of Anita's card. I like how you've rearranged Anita's design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome that you turned Anita's card upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)