Thursday 27 October 2016

I'm late, I'm late .....

Morning all.
The weather is really weird again. When I went to the shops on Tuesday  lunchtime it was a chilly 9'C but on the way to my son's in the late evening it was 12'C, really odd. As I write this the sun is blazing and outside it is quite pleasant. Mind not as strange as the 15'C on Boxing Day a few years ago. Still it wouldn't be Britain if we had settled weather and we wouldn't have anything to talk about!
Anyway, over at Cardz4Galz we have a new challenge for you.

FAIRY TALES/ FANTASY

Here is my inspiration card for you.


My socially active Grandson was off to yet another party at the weekend and his Mum asked if I would make a card for him to give that was linked to the theme of the party- Alice in Wonderland, fantasy I think.
That really got me scratching my head but I found this free kids colouring image online so decided to use him as it was a card for a little boy to give to a girl!
The layout is one of my favourites, using a snippet of NitWits DP in the stash with images of teacups and teapots on a dark purple background card. The embossed center is a Tri Boss folder by Crosscut which gives a really deep and clear impression of timepieces.
The White Rabbit was coloured with Copics then fussy cut and I added a computer generated sentiment, cut with a MFT banner die. Apparently the recipient squealed with delight when she opened it, so I guess she liked it!
For more fantastical fairytale inspiration check out the rest of the DT and why not join us this time.

I'd like to join in over at -

crafting from the heart         Challenge Badge
Always Anything Goes                       Anything Goes

The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog

Use 5 of a kind - I used 5 dies here.

7 comments:

  1. Love your card Julie such a cute image and lovely layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Love your "late late hare" running for his life, here and there, and never arriving on time for anything and everything - and I wonder where he was always going? LOL It's a perfect theme for the challenge this month, Julie! wonderful card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! I love the theme and your coloring is fabulous. This layout is wonderful and compliments your image perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge for our "5 of a Kind" challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling image, I love the Alice in Wonderland images.Super coloring.Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card Julie. I love the image you have used and the layout too.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll wager that this card was the hit of the party, Jules! It couldn't have been more perfect for the occasion!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - love the embossing folder you've used in the middle.

    Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pies Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)