Saturday 29 October 2016

Guesting over at LIM

Good morning folks.
I can't keep my secret any longer as today I'm guesting over at Less is More!!!!

Guest Designer

I was so shocked when I got the message asking and I said yes in a shot.
LIM is one of my favourite challenges and I try to enter every week, so it was a no brainer really.
This week LIM are celebrating their 300th challenge!!!!!!!!!!! What a landmark.
So this week the challenge is

CELEBRATION/ FESTIVALS

So what to do?
After a little thought I came up with the idea of balloons as my theme, what says celebration more than that.
So here is my card for your inspiration.


As the latest challenge over at Uniko is about rainbows, I wanted to incorporate that colourful theme into my card. I started by stamping the 'celebrate' from STAMPlorations Sentiment Builders 'Celebrate' set, embossing it in silver then die cut a selection of balloons. Rather than use coloured card I cut them in white and coloured them with Copics, adding freehand 'strings' with a fine liner after I had stuck them to my panel in more or less rainbow order. I trimmed down the overhanging balloons, then glued the completed stitched panel to a base card. 
The finished card would be great for any occasion, I think and even suitable for those tricky males we know!

Thanks again to the ladies at LiM for this opportunity, please support this fab challenge and celebrate their 300th challenge post in style.

I'd like to join in over at

       

17 comments:

  1. I simply love this card Julie, it's perfect for loads of occasions as you say, your colouring is just brilliant and a clever idea to combine with LIM, AAA and Uniko challenges. Thanks so much for being a fantastic guest designer to celebrate our 300th challenge. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational card Julie! Your balloons are perfectly placed and so beautifully coloured. They look like someone has just mass released a bunch of hot air balloons and these ones are floating away with the celebrate message. Superb! Thanks so much for being our guest designer at LIM this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super card Julie! You've rocked your guest DT spot! The colouring on the balloons is absolutely perfect, and I thought you'd stamped the strings, they're so neat! I love the bright rainbow colours and cool silver sentiment... gorgeous! Thanks for joining us as guest DT on this special 300th challenge week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, your colouring on those balloons is fabulous, Julie! Love the rainbow of colours which really make this a bright, fun design. It is great to have you as a guest designer at Less is More and thank you for playing along over at Uniko too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb shading on those balloons, so life like and 3D. Thanks for playing the masculine challenge at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on Guest Designing at LIM Jules!! LOVE your fun celebration card ... so colourful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one. Great use of something simple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colouring on your pretty rainbow balloons. Congrats on your GD spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on LIM GD and this is a lovely CAS colourful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's SO good to have you 'Guesting' with us this week Julie... and your card is magnificent!
    Thanks for the fab inspiration!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your Guest spot Jules and this is the perfect celebration card for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card - love the rainbow colouring on the balloons!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A rainbow-y array of fabulous balloons, Julie ... so celebratory ... and fabulous! Congratulations on being GD for LIM's 300th! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I'm so late to your balloon party, Jules! What a fabulous card and great to have you as our guestie this week. I love the way you've coloured your balloons and it's such a happy, feel good card xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card. You've got fabulous shading on your balloons! THe silver complements the rainbow colous really well. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think these rainbow balloons are absolutely gorgeous. A really joyful celebration card. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko this month! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome rainbow balloons and such a happy celebratory card. Thank you so much for joining in with the Uniko challenge and my apologies for commenting so late. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)