Tuesday 5 July 2016

Happy Birthday to Ewe

Good morning folks.
Another week has gone by since the last Cardz4Guyz challenge so it is time for a new one.
This time we would like to see projects that are on the theme of

IN THE COUNTRY

Make of that what you will! As for me it was a no brainer. Every time I open my bedroom curtains I have a fantastic view of the English countryside dotted here and there by the odd white blob, sheep of course. 
So I looked through my stash and came up with a few stamps along the sheep theme, but I kept coming back to my MFT stamp set, Ewe are the best. 


It is such a cute set and after checking out the MFT blog and the latest sketch at Sketch Saturday and seeing that Tags are in at AAA Cards, I came up with this. 
I stamped and masked the scene of hills and trees before colouring with Copics and fussy cutting, to represent the horizontal.strip in the sketch. The sheep was stamped, coloured with Copics, fussy cut and layered onto the previously coloured tag, with a few die cut clouds to add interest to the Copic coloured sky. I must admit to loving colouring with my Copics, you can achieve fantastic detail and shading effects using the range of colours and I love their brush tips.The end result is so crisp but getting refills lately has been a pain, especially E11, even Copic themselves don't have any. So 2 months down the line I'm still looking, any ideas? 
I used a browny white as the sheep around here are definitely not pure white, especially when they have had a dust bath in the bare soil! 
The sun rays were inked onto a die cut white panel using a mask made from a MFT die and two yellow DIs, Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade. Everything in this card was glued down flat. I added a few flowers from the set to balance up the sentiment round from Molly Bloom and a bit of green and white butchers twine. If you wanted you could include a small die cut number in the balloon if you wished, I decided to leave it empty for the moment.

OK, that's about it from me. For more inspiration please check out the rest of the DT and join in.

I'd like to join in over at -

    

Your Favourite Markers, Inks or Pencils 

10 comments:

  1. Popped by to say this is so bright and fun. Brought a happy smile to my face x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super little scene on your tag, brought a big smile to my face. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much fun Julie I love the scene you have created and am amazed you did all this on one tag...so very creative and to finish it off the rays of sunshine. Thanks for joining AAA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cute card. Have you tried Cult Pens online? Very reasonable and when I looked they had E11 refill in stock 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and tag Julie, love that cute sheep


    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jules fantastic card. Am having a crafty giveaway if you are interested pop over to my blog. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely scene and beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Julie - love the sun in the background, really makes the design pop with your other elements. Thanks for using the Sketch Saturday sketch this week and best of luck on your entry. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)