Wednesday 27 July 2016

Congratulations Tom and BeckyJo

Morning.
Just stopping by to post a card I made for my son to give to a friend of his who has just bought a house with his girlfriend. Tom has been living across the road for more years than I care to think of, his mum used to child mind my son way back and their house is really a second home! Her son's and mine are the best of friends and even go on holiday together.
Anyway, Tom and BeckyJo have finally decided to fly the nest and set up on their own and here is the card I made to celebrate and welcome them to their new home together.


I used some of Shirley's stamps from STAMPlorations for the houses and the layout is the sketch at The Paper Players.
I stamped 3 of the tall houses in black Memento then coloured just the one with Copics. I was wondering what to do with the vertical strip on the sketch when I thought about stamping it with some of the rest of the set, this time in a pale grey.
I added a doodled circle die in white behind the the tall houses and some banners stamped with the greetings. The finished panel was then glued flat onto a Kraft base card.

I'm joining in over at -

      
        My Copics are my go to 
          for crisp colouring

          

10 comments:

  1. This is so creative Julie, CAS with lots of layers. I love it. I love how you used the scribbled die, I am never sure what to do with these! Thanks for joining AAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, I love the dimension .
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. Love the silhouette in the background with the houses in the foreground. Great take on the sketch. so glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to have a house background for your three foreground houses, love that only one is coloured in your favourite copics. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your son's friend will love this great card. I like the layers and that you only colored one house...that makes it special!
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to congratulate your friends on their new home! Perfectly sweet! I love how you used the images on the background piece as well! Thanks for playing with the Players and making my sketch look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute card, thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the artsy look to the card. Very personal and thoughtful card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW such a great card love, love it. Thank you for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)