Thursday 14 April 2016

Spring Blossom

Good morning all.
Just popping by to announce the start of a new challenge over at Cardz4Galz
You certainly took the last challenge by the horns, lots of fab entries, so what will you make of the topic -

USE AN EMBOSSING FOLDER

I love embossing folders (EF), as they give texture and depth to a project without adding too much fussiness. I found it really tricky choosing one from my collection but I thought that this spring flower one went well with my cherry blossom panel.


My inspiration for this was the challenge at Just Us Girls, smooshing, ATCAS inlaid dies and the MUSE card by my friend and teamie Anita Bowden. I liked how she'd inlaid her Crafters Companion die into a square of inked cardstock. 


For mine I decided to use an embossed background and go with a branch coming down instead of going up! I cut a branch in white then coloured the branch, flowers and leaves with Copics. The panel was cut from a smooshed panel using Inka Gold wax in platinum and Salty Ocean DI, I wanted to create a bright spring sky for my blossoms. After reinserting all the bits back into my panel, I decided it needed some more blossom, so added some more flowers using the small flower die from the set.
As I was using an embossed background I stamped the Happy Birthday on a tab and then glued it to the underside and popped the whole panel up on pads.
OK, that's about it from me. For more inspiration please check out the rest of the DT and why not join us.

I'd like to join in over at -

     



18 comments:

  1. Prachtige kaart mooi met de bloesem tak het past precies bij de natuur.
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love how your smooshed background looks just like the sky. Love that branch with the delicate blossoms, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Lovely design. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect combination Julie and so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ! The sky looks amazing :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Great take on the Muse Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You NAILED all these challenges with this very pretty card, Jules! This is a winner!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a perfect combination of challenges! Lovely card you created here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Julie! LOVED the inlaid dies! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfect background for your sprigs of blossom , it really is a beautiful card..

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love the delicate pinks! So glad you joined us at MUse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The embossing folder is perfect with the blossoms and adds so much wonderful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous card love the colour combination you have used. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! Your inlaid image looks fabulous against that background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet and adorable card! Love the embossed background and tiny flowers. Thank you for playing along with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty Jules!! LOVE your smooshed inka gold background with the salty ocean --- gorgeous colour. And your inlaid cherry blossom branch is beautiful. You have a lot of patience to inlay all those tiny bits! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pretty version of my card, Jules. Love your pretty flowers and your blue sky is perfection!
    Thanks for playing along at Muse xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)