Thursday 28 April 2016

Shaker Card

Morning all, time for a new challenge over at Cardz4Galz.
This time we would like to see your projects on the theme of -

SHOW A BUTTON or TWO

So, simply use at least one button somewhere on your project. Simples.
Here is my card.


I took inspiration from a few challenges out there at the moment. The colours from Allsorts. the layout from Sketch Saturday and the shaker idea from AAA Cards!
I'd got lots of ideas for using buttons but used these challenges to focus them.
I wanted to use this fab embossing technique I discovered recently (see the link here) for the background, so using a piece I had left over from an other project, I inked it with Blueprint Sketch DI. I love the texture you get with this resist technique without the uneven surface. A fishtail banner was cut in a piece of textured red card then I cut an aperture for my shaker. 
I stamped a few HLS stitched daisies for a focal point and added a greeting from the same set and embossed it in white. For the shaker I used a mixture of tiny buttons and some white beads I got in a pack from Home Bargains! After trimming the blue panel I mounted it flat on a white base card. I hope Allsorts will allow the tiny green leaves but the daisies looked a bit bare on their own.
 ,
For more fab inspiration please check out the rest of the DT and then why not join us.

I'd like to join in over at:-

Allsorts challenge blog

Red, White and Blue

      

10 comments:

  1. Cute! I like how you used buttons in your shaker :). Fun take on this sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shaker card and love the use of the fishtail banner.
    Thank you for joining my red,white and blue challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO, pretty shaker, Julie. Love the flowers (I keep looking at those for myself) and the red, white and blue combination. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the buttons and seed beads in the shaker Jules ... so fun! Perfect with the fun colours you've used. I tried the link to the technique, but it didn't work for me. It's probably something I did.:) Anyways, the background is very cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, just perfect for our colour theme.

    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card love the way you have used the buttons. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card, Jules! I love your use of the daisies and leaves xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and the shaker. This could be adopted for a veteran card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shaker and clever use of other 'bits' to fill it! Thanks for sharing with us at AAA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)