Tuesday 19 April 2016

Apple for the teacher

Morning bloggy friends.
It's Tuesday and it's 9 o'clock so it's time for a new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz.
This week Jan has chosen the theme of -

BOOKS and/or BOOK PAPER

This was a bit of a head scratcher for me but then I remembered a project using a page from an old book I had started last year while at my card class. However, after hunting through my craft bag for the bits I thought I had, I realised I must have binned them in my clean out over Christmas! 
Anyway I was quite taken with continuing with the idea so I had to think laterally before I came up with this.


I thought about making the apple card last June for my Grandson to give to his teacher but finally went with this, so the book page apple was on the back burner. So for this I used a Hero Arts definition stamp - Thank you to make my own book page. I really don't like gutting a book, sorry Jan.
I sketched an apple shape onto a Post it and then cut a load of them out from the thankyou paper using it as a stencil.
The apple colours were inked using Candied Apple DI at the bottom and Mown Lawn at the top. The leaf also Hero Arts, was stamped on a bit of left over 'book page' and coloured with Peeled paint and Mown Lawn. To make the apple 3D I folded each apple shape in half and glued them along the fold over the first which was glued flat onto the top panel. The stalk is a tiny scrap of brown card. I used a linen cardstock for the base and the center panel which I stamped with a greeting from a HLS set. The green gingham panel was cut with a MFT stacked pierced rectangle die as was the top panel. Must admit it looks a bit off center in this pic but it is dead center in real life!
OK, that's about from me.
For more fab masculine inspiration check out the rest of the DT and then why not join us this week.

I'd like to join in over at -

"Less is More"
Theme week - Use 3 stamps sentiment, definition and leaf

15 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Julie, love your 3d Apple

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever idea, I would have been dead chuffed to receive this from a pupil in my teaching days! Love the way the red and green inks fade in to each other. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie this is gorgeous such a unique idea. I am having a candy giveaway on my blog if you would like to join in. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very original and cute card !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! It's got a mixed media feel while also being CAS. Really creative take on the LIM challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever - I love the 3D apple and the way you inked it up. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Lim card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your design Jules! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this 3d apple - the touch of inking really brings it to life! Great to see you at Less is More, Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic 3d but still a CAS 3d card Julie! Usually we don't like to see too may layers but your apple absolutely works a treat! Such a fun card.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Less is More
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely brilliant! Love your creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever idea - layered yet still CAS!
    Thank you so much for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie, this is completely stunning!
    The inking is fab on a simply terrific design!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to smile reading this - I actually have bought books (on a book sale) to use ti for crafting and I still can't doe it, even that I never going to read it. Making your own book pages - so clever and the result - awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)