Monday 12 October 2015

Punchkins

Afternoon. Just a quick post to share a card I made for a couple of challenges out there.


I was mainly influenced by the photos at The Card Concept (Clean and Layered?) and Fusion and as it is pretty CAS it also fits with the challenge over at AAA.
I used the technique I found on you tube for making the pumpkins (see technique page) last year so thought I would give it a go. I kept the colours neutral as befits the CC photo by using a textured white card and three different dies, a bit of foliage left from another project and a scrap of ribbon for the stalks.The edges of the die cut shapes were inked with Di weathered wood then assembled into the pumpkins. The background of the wood was made using a Crafters Companion EF and the Thanks is a couple of Spellbinders Sentiments Thank You and Congratulations, as I wanted to have the phrase thanks.


      
               Taking inspiration from the wood and pumpkins

Taking inspiration from the wooden chair and fruit

Thanks for stopping by. :)

15 comments:

  1. This is just perfect Jules. I love everything about it, the texture, the neutral colours and the creative way you have made the pumpkins. So pleased you joined both Fusion and TCC x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Jules, what a great technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made the pumpkins and your use of the neutral colors! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those neutral pumpkins ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the almost all white of your card, just fab! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your white pumpkins - I always look for them in our local pumpkin patch for my side steps! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this technique. Beautiful card. I saw your wonderful creation over at AAA. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love those pumpkins and the simplicity of your clean designI am your neighbor at The Card Concept challenge and just had to take a closer look. Hugs, Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect take on the inspiration photo! The inked up pumpkins are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card - I must take a look at that technique
    jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous - so classy and neutral. I really like this. Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this card! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your nearly monochromatic fall card- just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow those pumpkins are beautiful!!! And I love the textured background!
    Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love this card! The background texture gives a beautiful contrast to your pretty white pumpkins! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)