Friday 16 October 2015

Port Sunlight purchase

Morning all. 
It's a bit grey and dismal out there this morning, winter is definitely on the march!
I'd been looking at the latest OLC over at Less is More all week and just hadn't had the time to play with other commitments this week, that was until yesterday afternoon! However by the time I had finished there wasn't enough light for a decent photo. Mind you it's not much better today! So with apologies for the quality of the photo here is my card.


I decided to have a play with one of my purchases from Port Sunlight, a set by Chocolate Baroque called Autumn Edges. I saw part of a demo while I was there using this portion of the set so decided I would have a go. Instead of using colour dusters that they used, I used my blending tool to add the colour. You get a bolder, brighter colour I think and I don't have any of the duster brushes!
I masked the base with some torn Post its then inked with a selection of DIs after stamping the trees.
The greeting is from Wooodware. Simples.

I'd like to join in over at:-

We'd love you to display our banner
OLC - Autumn

         Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog
                                                                      Warm Autumn Colours  

Thanks for stopping by.  :)     

13 comments:

  1. This is really eyecatching Jules, I love the colours of autumn so this is right up my street. We have dull, damp and cold here too. I rode this morning and was absolutely chilled to the bone when I got back...brrrrr. Sadly I couldn't put the heating on as the water pump decided to pack up yesterday. The heating engineer came but referred the job to a plumber who is booked until Wednesday!!! Oh well, I'll have to get some logs in!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully sponged panel Julie to see your trio of trees through the season. A wonderful blend of this week's colours and I love the 'torn' masked edge too which adds great visual interest. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! I love the sponged panel! It is a lovely autumn creation! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely set of stamps and I love the torn masking. Great blending too. I have some ink dusters but you're right, you can't get the same depth of colour as when using the blending sponges, well I can't anyway! :D
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning and gorgeous Autumn colours Julie!
    Love it. Great technique and so effective.
    thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, this is such a beautiful scene...I love that sky and the silhouette trees! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful creation Jules and full of Autumnal warmth, many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for being so late in commenting, I don't know where last week went to!
    This is super, great panel, great trees, great card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this design Jules. Those autumn colours are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm catching up on my commenting after my hols, sorry to be so late!
    Jules what a stunning autumnal scene, love your inking
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous autumn card with beautiful colours.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)