Thursday 22 October 2015

Pink Again

Good morning, good morning, good morning. I hope I find you well.
It's time for a new challenge over at Cardz4Galz. This week Amy has chosen the theme of -

Clean and Simple

Just down my alley! So without further ado here is my card.


I was inspired by a card made by my lovely friend Loll (Stamping with Loll), you can see it here.
I loved the squiggle in the center of the aperture and tried to work out how she did it, then read she use a cutting programme! So I improvised with a squiggle die cut by Tim Holtz as I don't own a Silhouette, stamped the leaves from SU's Summer Silhouettes in Weathered Wood DI and fussy cut them, the flower was one I had discarded from another project but coloured with Copics in the perfect colour (STAMPlorations Dee's Artsy Impressions Blooming Buds) and a little silver Stickles. 
The paler pink pearly background (sorry it doesn't really show up in the photo) was also inspired by Loll and was made by smooshing Inka Gold platinum wax with Picked Raspberry DI spritzed with water, see Loll's technique here. I made 3 panels using this technique, the first two were used for my DT inspiration last week here.

That's about it for the moment. Check out the rest of the DT's inspiration and why not join in.

I'm joining in over at:-

    


Across the middle colouring/spritzing/die cut

13 comments:

  1. This is really lovely Julie, the pretty pink to start with but I love how you have used that die...you are a clever sausage!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prachtige kaart Julie
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love the combination of pink and grey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Julie and full of pretty and delicate pink and sparkle
    Perfectly feminine and elegant! Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATCAS challenge.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the pretty flower and squiggly die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous design, Julie - love the pinkness and the shimmer! A soft and pretty card. Thanks for sharing it with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this is ever so pretty!! Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie this is so, so pretty. I love the soft colors and the shimmer. So glad you joined us at Addicted to CAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful and elegant card! I adore the colors and the filigree center! Gorgeous!!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Julie! Thank you for playing the CQC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the swirly die focal point! Those dies are popping up everywhere....I need to get my hands on some!!! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is sooo pretty!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)