Tuesday 6 October 2015

Dapper Gent

Good morning fellow crafters. As it's Tuesday it must mean it's time for a new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz, where we aim to show you that making cards for the men in your life is easier than you think.
This week week our theme is -

BUTTON UP

Lots of scope there I think, here is my card for the DT.


I've used a NEBUS stamp set that I picked up on holiday last year in Cromer, Norfolk.
It's a Papermania one from their Dapper Gent collection. I also bought some of the matching papers so I used one of them for the jacket and the shirt was stamped on some yellow in the stash. I paper pieced the jacket and shirt but decided to use a piece of ribbon and tied it just like a proper tie instead of the stamp from the set. I also used some real buttons rather than the stamped ones, but as I hadn't any in the colour I wanted I used a brown Copic to colour some small pale blue ones. I popped the breast pocket, collar, lapels and the finished jacket up on pads for more dimension. The finished image was mounted on a piece of blue card, then onto a white base card, the sentiment is from STAMPlorations.

OK, now it's over to you. For more inspiration check out the rest of the DT's fab creations and why not join in.

I'm joining in over at -



     

Thanks for stopping by. :)


9 comments:

  1. Such a clever card - LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Deb DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a smart card Jules!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a clever paper pieced card Jules! Great take on the challenges! Thanks for sharing! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dapper card, great use of paper piecing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Jules ... this is so AWESOME!! LOVE this card with the shirt, jacket and tie --- so fun!! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really cool! It really looks like a tiny suit--makes me smile!!

    Toni
    HLS CAS DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! A very neat idea! Thanks for playing along with the LT Paper-piecing challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is so cool. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)