Friday 24 April 2015

Tag it

Good afternoon crafters.
Today I'm back to share a tag I made as GD for the team over at Tag You're it!
I was top pick a while ago, so Tracey asked if I would like to be GD for this week, so here I am and here is my take on this week's tag,


and this is my and your inspiration.


I love the colours on this and the white embossing of the seed heads. It reminded me of a walk through the fields with Max the other day, blue skies, new grass waving in the soft breeze, and butterflies skimming the tops. So that's where I went with my tag. 
I stamped the grasses in Versamark then embossed them using white ep. When cool I inked the background with DIs to get an ombre effect and over stamped the tag using the same grass stamp from Woodware in Mowed Lawn DI, it gives a bit more depth. I inked up my Kaisercraft butterfly and roses stamp and cut out the 3 butterflies and coloured them with Copics to look like the butterflies I saw on the walk, well as near as damn!
The 'thank' was stamped and embossed in white and the 'You' is die cut.

OK, that's about it. Thanks for the Tag it crew for asking me to be their GD.

I'd like to  join in the fun at -

Uniko - Things with wings

8 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! Your grass is gorgeous! And I think there's some butterflies on your tag. (Much too real looking to be paper???) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie ! Congrats on your win! Your tag is gorgeous with those life like butterflies and gorgeous background, great job !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Julie those butterflies look so very real. Isn't it wonderful to walk and be inspired by nature. Thanks for joining Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Jules, this is fabulous, great inking and I LOVE those butterflies xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tag! I love your sponged background and the butterflies are absolutely fantastic! So glad to have you with us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those embossed white wildflowers and the sponging. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie your tag is wonderful - like a walk in a meadow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your GD team spot & what a beautiful tag. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)