Friday 9 January 2015

Flashback Friday

While having a bit of a treacley day, you know not right but not sure what's wrong, but a bit off, I happened across this on my ATSM team mate 'Vicki's' blog. 
Flashback Friday encourages us to look out those long forgotten stamps we all have stashed away in a box that haven't seen the light of day for donkey's years. So in an effort to throw this funny mood off, I went rifling in dark corners and came across a wooden stamp that I probably bought in a bargain bucket many, many years ago. I looked on the side and it said 1999!!!! It looked so clean it could well not have ever been used, just destined to sit in the box of discarded wooden stamps at the back of the cupboard, my never ending NEBUS mountain. I suppose it's the Yorkshire in me that is always on the lookout for a bargain, but it isn't one unless you use it!
Any road up, I decided to create a little something using a couple of challenges and my Brusho w/c inks.


I first stamped the snowflakes and heat embossed in white. Then I sprinkled a few crystals of Brusho onto the panel then spritzed it with a fine spray of water. When it was dry I wiped the ink off the snowflakes and then decided to cut out a halo from the coloured and stamped panel then glued everything flat on to a white basecard. The greeting is SU Sassy Salutations embossed in silver.


I put this photo in to prove the date on the stamp!


'Vicki' included a few of her older cards using her stamp set but my stamp hasn't been used before so there isn't one but I did find one of a couple of snowman cards I made way back, so far back I'm a little ashamed to post it but what the heck!


This was my first foray into photographing cards back in November 2008 so apologies for the quality! I made these in our caravan while Al started to convert the barn.

I shall enter the main card in a few other challenges:-

Merry Monday Christmas Challenge - Photo inspiration use a snowflake





OK, I suppose I ought to get on with tea, Al was going to take me out tonight but don't really feel like getting dolled up so it will be a quiet evening in and an early night.
Thanks for popping around.

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Julie, gorgeous colours and I love the layout and that lovely font of the sentiment. I have taken a peep and am going to have a rummage myself, I know I have some old wooden stamps that would fir the bill!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh girl you are FAST!! LOL!! Really LOVED your story about your where-abouts and such with this older stamp!! How fun to listen to stories of old forgotten stamps!! :) (And I'm not sure what "donkey years" are either? LOL!) I absolutely LOVE the coloring you've achieved on your snowflake card and you snowmen designs are adorable as well! :) Well done my friend! Thanks so much for joining my Flashback Friday Challenge! Hope you will continue to play every Friday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I hope a bit of crafting escapism helped improve your treacley day (brilliant way to describe it!). I love the layout & the watercolour background on this, I've never used Brusho watercolours I might just have to look into those . . . .
    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jules. Sorry to hear you've not feeling well. Hopefully your crafting therapy helped ... feeling unwell certainly didn't distract from your creative talent! Gorgeous card ... love the snowflakes with the brushos background. The "halo" really brings focus on the snowflakes ... great design with the inlaid technique. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers. Rest up and get better! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that watercolour background Jules! hope you're feeling better soon! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, love that background you created! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card mum.
    Think it is v organised of you to be making Christmas cards in January!
    Hope you're feeling better tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool to be inspired to dig out this gorgeous stamp! I'm so glad you found it as your card is stunning. I really hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card you made Julie...Maybe I should look out out some of my old stamps....i have just a few...lol...boxes that is!...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! Love the watercolouring!!!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)