Thursday 1 January 2015

Birthday Candles

Good evening folks. 
Hope I find you well and you aren't suffering from overindulgence!
We had a quiet New Year, just me and the hubster plus Max the dog. No late nights for us but I did get woken up by the firework display of the local golf club. Thought Max might start barking but he didn't stir, thank goodness.

Hope you got lots of crafty goodies under the tree this year. I did and promise of more to come as my son's pressie didn't arrive until after the big day, so I will have to wait for that!

With all this time on my hands I have been getting my DT commitments up to date but I did make a card for a couple of challenges.


I made this with half an eye on the challenges at -


      and     


I saw a card by my ex teamie Deepti over at STAMPlorations which gave me an idea, but it took a while before the final card emerged!

I cut some rectangles of colourful NitWits papers from the bits box then attached them to a die cut rectangle, using my Die-namics pierced rectangle set.
I sketched in the flame and coloured the glow with Copics. Then I die cut HAPPY from white card using a Sizzix sizzlet alphabet dies. After sticking the panel to the base I stamped part of a Molly Bloom Happy Birthday stamp under the panel. 
Voila.

OK, thanks for popping around and thanks for all you who take the time to leave a comment, it's great to read them!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 

13 comments:

  1. I love how the light just glows from those candles by extending outside the outline! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple yet effective card Julie, love the papers you have used for the candles. Wishing you a Happy New Year (if I haven't already!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this (may have to CASE hee hee) HNY Cindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute--love those chubby candles. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week, and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love these birthday candles, Julie! If I thought I could draw 3 flames, I'd try to CASE this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card!! Really love the way your light glows in the candles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! Love the designs on each of the candles and the "glow". Happy New Year Jules! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The candles are amazing! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card for our challenge Jules!
    Thanks for playing at Seize the birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, really love the way your light glows in the candles!! Super card! So glad you shared it with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your candles with the glow and different patterns. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fab card! Love those candles. Thanks so much for joining us at ShowCASe Your Style! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)