Saturday, 6 December 2014

Deck the Halls

Afternoon folks, here I am with my second post of the day. 
It's a bright sunny day here after a sharp frost. Max is lazing by the range and Al has been cutting and stacking wood for the next couple of weeks. All is quiet!
I'm sharing a card I started yesterday but didn't quite finish but anyway it was too dark last night to take a photo!
Over at Muse the designer is the talented Vicki Dutcher and I based this card on her's, spotty red paper, kraft and holly.


As you can see I took a few liberties with Vicki's original design:-


I rotated the card 90' and used my MB Glowing Candles die. It was the only die I had with holly branches!
I cut the outline in white then cut again twice in green and paper pieced the holly and candle sections, cutting away the candles from the green. After layering up, I added some tiny red diamontes to the holly and some gold behind the candle flames. The stamped sentiment was free with a mag, as was the holly stamp, no idea of the make or the mag! The panel was cut using my Die-namics pierced rectangle dies.

OK, that's about it. Thanks for all your lovely comments, they really do make my day. See you back soon.

9 comments:

  1. Very traditional but would look great on someone's fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this interpretation of the muse - the die cuts are gorgeous and laying the sketch on its side is genius! So glad you joined us this week, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on the Muse :) love this diecut :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your candles! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! This is how this challenge works - be inspired, but show similarities -- so, you did awesome!! Thanks for joining in at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to tell you that I LOVED your card and voted for it because it was just the perfect "inspired by" design. It's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry I didn't stop here sooner...Congrats on being a Featured Member for this beautiful card at Muse! Such a pretty color combo and stunning design! WTG, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.
Thanks
Jules :0)