Good morning and good morning again to you early risers!
First a little trumpet blowing. I don't usually do this but as I made the top 5 at LOTV with my little skier I had to do a little whoop whoop this time. Anyway back to business.
Its a double post Tuesday so it means a new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz. You didn't much like the theme from last week so I hope you will join us for our latest challenge an -
Simples, no theme, you only need to make a male orientated card in an easel format. Any format of image is acceptable but I've used a Micheal Powell stamp from the Harbour series for the focus of this card.
An easel card is really easy all you need to do for this card is-
1. Take an A4 sheet of card and cut it in half length ways. Use one half for the base.
2. Score at half way and then half way between the end and fold. This creates the shape to mount the decorated panel.
3. For this size card you need an A6 panel of matching card.( use half of the remaining half of the A4 sheet.) Put this to one side.
4. Use the last remaining A6 piece of card to stamp your main image.
5. Decorate the A6 flat inside of the folded card base and the separate A6 plain panel with some DP if you want. I used one of the NitWits Coastal set.
6. For this image I cut the stamped outline down to give a good all around border. On a separate piece of card I stamped again and cut a rectangular panel out of it.I chose the section around the lighthouse.
7. Colour the small rectangular panel, then mount over the same area of the uncoloured large panel. Mount onto the decorated A6 panel.
8. With an easel card you need to have something to prop the vertical panel against. So I cut a circle of white card and coloured it to resemble a life buoy adding rope around the edge. I cut a LOTV circular greeting out of another scrap and stuck it in the middle. The whole buoy was popped up on pads.
9. Finally on the top side of the folded base put glue on the smaller end panel and then add the decorated panel. Voila!
Go on have a go.
For more inspiration go to the main blog for more fab DT inspiration.
I shall also enter the following challenges:-