Saturday 15 March 2014

Rose Garden

Good Morning and welcome to my blog.
Today is the start of another challenge over at Fantasy Stampers. The theme of our new challenge is:-

ROSE GARDEN

Now bearing in mind we are a stamping (no DIGI's) challenge, I rummaged through my stamps to find something I could use. One or two ideas came to mind but I had already used my only large rose stamp on a recent card but I did have a couple of character stamps that would fit the bill. I played around for a bit choosing various DP's but decided on a different approach. I love making flowers and have used them in various projects in the past so why not use them as the focus of the design. How was I going to do this and still incorporate stamping?  This what I ended up with.



In the end I used 2 parts of a faux stitching stamp set from Hobbycraft and one from Molly Bloom. The acrylic set was far too soft to create a sharp border, so I used the Molly Bloom rubber one to create a crisp edge to my top background card in Momento London Fog. The pattern on the box was made using 2 different stamps alternately in Vintage Rose DI on a rectangle of plain white card. The top of the rectangle was then cut away to create the lid. The box was mounted on pads and stuck to the background with the lid at a jaunty angle having first attached some pink ribbon around the middle of the two pieces. This left a good gap to place my roses.



I selected a few sheets of coordinating papers to make the roses using two sizes of Woodware flower punch. I could go into how to do the flowers but here is a great clip that shows you how much better than me. 
I didn't like the stark nature of some of the white roses so edged them with some of the Vintage Rose.
I punched a few bits of foliage using various greens and punches and arranged  them and the roses in the gap between the box and lid. The design was completed by adding a bow in the same ribbon and a sentiment stamped on a Die'Sire tag. The arrangement was then matted onto some pink card and then a 6 x 6 square  white base card, Voila!


I shall enter this in the following challenges:-

Papertake Weekly - Bingo ( Ribbon, Free, punched shapes-flowers made from these)
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Ribbons and Bows
Stamping Sensations - Pretty in Pink
Cards und More - Sewing (Faux I'm afraid)
Allsorts - Pretty in Pink

Thanks for stopping by.
Don't forget there's still time to enter the Words challenge over at Cardz4Guyz

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Julie, loving all those roses and it's just perfect for our Pretty in Pink theme, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Julie,

    I should also have thanked you for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge with your pretty card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem Brenda, glad you called back! x

      Delete
  3. I love how you used your stamps to create the background, Julie - very inventive, and those handmade roses are beautiful.
    Have a great weekend, hun.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is so pretty, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely flower box, thanks for joining your fab creation at Cards und More and good luck, hugs, Marion PS I have a candy on my blog that you can enter if you want (http://marions-scrapkaarten.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card. Love the colours and the techniques. The flowers are gorgeous too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card Julie
    Thanks for joining the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
    x Gretha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie, that's a very clever idea and so prettily done. Gorgeous colours you've used there.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Papertake Weekly.

    Sarah
    (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is amazing! I L O V E your flowers. They are gorgeous. Awesome job with stamps as well. Thank you so much for sharing your stunning card with us at Stamping Sensation. I hope you join us again.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card, lovely creation, thanks for joining us at stamping sensations

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)