Tuesday 11 February 2014

Truly, Madly Deeply

Morning all, it's Tuesday so it's a new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz .
This week with it being Valentines Day on Friday what else would it be but:-

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Get those romantic stamps out of the drawer and join us in this latest challenge.

As I've said before I don't do Valentine's Day and this is the second one I've had to come up with. This time I took refuge in one of my favourite styles CAS, what do you think?


Tricky to create a card for a guy without getting too sloppy. Think this little Tatty Teddy fits the brief. I searched in the many boxes of stamps to find a suitable image and found this freebie stamp of some magazine or other from months ago, I think the paper may have been from the same mag. The card is a twist on a couple of other cards I've done recently but as it's for Valentine's Day I used a heart cut out. Has I haven't got a heart die I had to do it freehand. I used a lightly textured linen card as the top layer and cut Tatty out and placed him flat as the heart was on pads over the DP. I left the DP larger than the top layer as I liked the effect of the thin border. As he has a little label, I left it clear of any other sentiment. I used Copics to colour him as follows:-

Hearts and Pot - R32, 35, 37, 39
Tatty Teddy - C10, 7, 5, 3, 0  B000, 00, 02
Leaves - YG 11, 13, 17

I shall enter him into the following challenges
A Creative Romance - Show us some Love
Crafty Little Fairies -  Love
Addicted to Stamps - Hearts
Copic Markers Europe - Valentine
Don't forget you have up to Friday evening to enter the latest challenge at Fantasy Stampers
Love and Cherish.
Well have a good day, come back soon.

8 comments:

  1. Perfect for a guy and the bear is so sweet.Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card I love the image & the cut out heart.
    Thank you for playing along with us at CLF, hope you will join us again.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I obviously took my romance lessons from you and dad as I am no Valentine's fan either but I do love a Tatty Teddy and that card is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful creation, Thank you so much for joining us at ACR
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. For someone that doesn't do Valentine's you do it very well. Beautifully CAS x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful valentine card. The image is adorable and I like the cutout heartshape! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, such a pretty little bear!
    Thanks for joining the love challenge at CMN, good luck!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful love cards. Thank you for joining in CMN and good luck.
    Hugs, Trine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)