Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Truly, Madly Deeply

Morning all, it's Tuesday so it's a new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz .
This week with it being Valentines Day on Friday what else would it be but:-

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Get those romantic stamps out of the drawer and join us in this latest challenge.

As I've said before I don't do Valentine's Day and this is the second one I've had to come up with. This time I took refuge in one of my favourite styles CAS, what do you think?


Tricky to create a card for a guy without getting too sloppy. Think this little Tatty Teddy fits the brief. I searched in the many boxes of stamps to find a suitable image and found this freebie stamp of some magazine or other from months ago, I think the paper may have been from the same mag. The card is a twist on a couple of other cards I've done recently but as it's for Valentine's Day I used a heart cut out. Has I haven't got a heart die I had to do it freehand. I used a lightly textured linen card as the top layer and cut Tatty out and placed him flat as the heart was on pads over the DP. I left the DP larger than the top layer as I liked the effect of the thin border. As he has a little label, I left it clear of any other sentiment. I used Copics to colour him as follows:-

Hearts and Pot - R32, 35, 37, 39
Tatty Teddy - C10, 7, 5, 3, 0  B000, 00, 02
Leaves - YG 11, 13, 17

I shall enter him into the following challenges
A Creative Romance - Show us some Love
Crafty Little Fairies -  Love
Addicted to Stamps - Hearts
Copic Markers Europe - Valentine
Don't forget you have up to Friday evening to enter the latest challenge at Fantasy Stampers
Love and Cherish.
Well have a good day, come back soon.

8 comments:

  1. Perfect for a guy and the bear is so sweet.Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card I love the image & the cut out heart.
    Thank you for playing along with us at CLF, hope you will join us again.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I obviously took my romance lessons from you and dad as I am no Valentine's fan either but I do love a Tatty Teddy and that card is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful creation, Thank you so much for joining us at ACR
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. For someone that doesn't do Valentine's you do it very well. Beautifully CAS x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful valentine card. The image is adorable and I like the cutout heartshape! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, such a pretty little bear!
    Thanks for joining the love challenge at CMN, good luck!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful love cards. Thank you for joining in CMN and good luck.
    Hugs, Trine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.
Thanks
Jules :0)